PDA

View Full Version : Guys with aftermarket seat rails

rd02SiR
05-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Hey guys,

Wondering if those who have aftermarket seat rails can give some input on rails.

What kind of rail:
Side or base mount:
Pleased with quality?:

Reason I ask, I got a buddy club rail for the driver side. It came faulty and the right rail would not lock. Got drop shipped from a vendor, so it's harder to deal with buddy club directly.

I'm looking for a super low seat rail for the driver. Seeing if anyone has experience with any rails other than Buddy club.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

rd02SiR
05-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I'll start

What kind of rail: Buddy Club super low
Side or base mount: Side
Pleased with product: no. Came with defect, did not include adjuster bar.

MugenReplica
05-16-2012, 06:24 PM
I've used and currently still own......

What kind of rail: Nagisa Low Ep3 specific rail
Side or base mount: Side
Pleased with product: YES, but it only locks on one side. Other than that, it's the lowest rail i've ever sat in and I'm 6'4" tall with only a 30" inseam for pants aka LONG abdomen. It will even go lower than what my height is capable of supporting.

What kind of rail: Bride Ep3 specifi base mount for Brix II
Side or base mount: Base
Pleased with product: No. My hair hits the ceiling and is definitely higher up with some Brix II replicas than the RSX-S leather seats I used before.

What kind of rail: OEM RSX-S black leather seats/rails
Side or base mount: Base
Pleased with product: Yes. Low enough for my height (read above), but not quite low enough. I'd suggest trying the EM2 rails that I've heard work with the swap and drop the seat a bit. The seats also require a longer bolt and spacer on the inner most rear portion of the seat when using the RSX rails (can provide pics).

rd02SiR
05-16-2012, 06:41 PM
^ wow you've been through a few sets! Lol. I'll def look into the nagisa rail. Do you notice any seat/rail movement since it only locks on the one side.

DA9_GSR
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM
......I'm 6'4" tall........

I'm 6'3" and I barely fit in the EP with the JDM EP3 Recaro's. Can you suggest a lowering seat rail that'll allow me to use a helmet in the Recaro seat?

MugenReplica
05-17-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm 6'3" and I barely fit in the EP with the JDM EP3 Recaro's. Can you suggest a lowering seat rail that'll allow me to use a helmet in the Recaro seat?

Nagisa by far!! I don't think I can drop it to the last setting without not being able to see over the cluster bump. I let RedSiBaron and a few other guys sit in it and they couldn't see over the bump where it is now.

MugenReplica
05-17-2012, 01:01 PM
^ wow you've been through a few sets! Lol. I'll def look into the nagisa rail. Do you notice any seat/rail movement since it only locks on the one side.

Honestly a little bit, but for the drop it provided....I can't ask for anything else.

rd02SiR
05-18-2012, 04:52 PM
I just put my passenger seat in. Used a wedge engineering bracket and universal sliders. The universal sliders are GARBAGE!!! after 3 hours and some help, I got the seat in, but it's slightly crooked because the side mount brackets were a slight bit too narrow.

I know this. I'll be buying new rails ad brackets for each seat when the funds allow.

FUCK UNIVERSAL FITMENT!!

DA9_GSR
06-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Nagisa by far!! I don't think I can drop it to the last setting without not being able to see over the cluster bump. I let RedSiBaron and a few other guys sit in it and they couldn't see over the bump where it is now.

Nagisa doesn't have a solution for me. The JDM EP3 Recaro's are a bottom mount and this limits my
selection for lowering seat rails. Know of anything else?

MugenReplica
06-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Nagisa doesn't have a solution for me. The JDM EP3 Recaro's are a bottom mount and this limits my
selection for lowering seat rails. Know of anything else?

Seriously try the OEM EM2 rails, I know they drop you a little and from some old threads on here (and 7thGen) it sounds as if it would possibly work.

rd02SiR
06-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Ryan, how low are you wanting to go? I know those seats sit pretty high, so maybe you don't want adjustability, just weld it to the floor lol. If you have rails, try a sparco/wedge bracket. That bracket sits somewhat low.

DA9_GSR
06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Seriously try the OEM EM2 rails, I know they drop you a little and from some old threads on here (and 7thGen) it sounds as if it would possibly work.

I'll have to try that out.

Ryan, how low are you wanting to go?

I just want to fit in the car with a helmet. That's my goal. Right now (first thing in the morning) my hair touches the roof. In the afternoon (because of spine compression) I have less than half an inch of clearance. I can't fit in the car with a helmet. I have to tilt my head sideways, or awkwardly slouch down to fit.

I want to fit in the car with a helmet. That's it. Plain and simple. I would need 2-3 inches for that to happen.

PatrickJamesYu
06-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Both the seat directly to the floor.
Ultimate low.