PDA

View Full Version : A-Spec Suspension + No Front Sway?

iDom
05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I know some guys run no front sway, and I am well aware of what the front sway bar does. I have read multiple places that if you want to run no front sway, your spring rates should be a bit stiffer to compensate for absence of a front sway?

My question is, are the spring rates on the A-Spec "enough" to compensate for that? I'm going to have to destroy my endlinks when I take off my sway bar and swap my motor out next weekend, and I was just thinking about keeping it no front sway and leaving the stock EP3 rear sway.

Any thoughts?

POOPTOOTH
05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Well I can't speak to the spring rates of the a-spec kit, but I ran no front sway with, what I want to say was 8k front 12k rear (iirc) and I enjoyed it. The car definitely didn't push as much through turns and definitely brought oversteer into the equation. But I was also using a 22mm DC5 rear sway.

My advice would be to try it, since you have to remove the sway anyway, try it for a bit and if you hate than just buy some Moog endlinks for a few bucks and slap it back on. Can't hurt.

iDom
05-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Well I can't speak to the spring rates of the a-spec kit, but I ran no front sway with, what I want to say was 8k front 12k rear (iirc) and I enjoyed it. The car definitely didn't push as much through turns and definitely brought oversteer into the equation. But I was also using a 22mm DC5 rear sway.

My advice would be to try it, since you have to remove the sway anyway, try it for a bit and if you hate than just buy some Moog endlinks for a few bucks and slap it back on. Can't hurt.

Yea I have read that the absence of the front sway and a thicker rear sway gives FWD cars an oversteer characteristic, which of course is best for AutoX/Tracking your car. I think I'll do that and give it a shot without and if it makes me hate my life, I'll just put on the EM2 one.

makavelibranded
05-17-2012, 11:45 AM
If your not really pushing the car you wont notice a difference, I dont have a front sway plus I have other parts geared toward oversteer and I love how it feels.

iDom
05-17-2012, 01:51 PM
If your not really pushing the car you wont notice a difference, I dont have a front sway plus I have other parts geared toward oversteer and I love how it feels.

Oh, we're gonna push it, baby.

Zzyzx
05-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Depends on tire really.

Running all seasons? you'll probably not have any problems... Running sticky summer tires or R compounds, you are going to end up bottoming out the front struts on a lot of turns.

iDom
05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
They're just Falken 912's.

I just don't want to order and spend more money on end links and an EM2 sway bar and all that. I am primarily concerned with getting the new engine in and running properly.

Zzyzx
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
with the 912's you probably can get away with it. just be sure your bump stops are in good condition...

makavelibranded
05-22-2012, 05:56 PM
with the 912's you probably can get away with it. just be sure your bump stops are in good condition...

How do you feel about no sway up front with buddy club race specs? spring rate of 10kg front Ive thought about adding the em2 sway since I have one already.

Zzyzx
05-23-2012, 09:09 AM
How do you feel about no sway up front with buddy club race specs? spring rate of 10kg front Ive thought about adding the em2 sway since I have one already.

what tire? remember, you need to match roll resistance to tire.

iDom
05-23-2012, 09:25 AM
I hope I don't have any rubbing issues. They're 225/50's on my 16x8 +38 RPF1's..
I'll just get the EM2 sway and put that on sometime soon after this weekend.

makavelibranded
05-23-2012, 10:02 AM
what tire? remember, you need to match roll resistance to tire.

BF Goodrich KDW 2's and eventually ill be getting slicks for racing.

Zzyzx
05-24-2012, 08:53 AM
BF Goodrich KDW 2's and eventually ill be getting slicks for racing.

you may be able to get away with it. Chalk your tires to check tire roll over and watch for signs of bottoming out.