PDA

View Full Version : Help! clutch install related

MajorJones
05-17-2012, 01:16 PM
While putting in my new clutch and flywheel in. i realised that competition clutch sent me bad threads on the flywheel where the pressure plate bolt goes in to it. i thought it was the bolt, i so i cleaned it several times. but still the same result. it goes down all the way now that i cleaned the threads up on the flywheel with no effort with the wrench just hand tightening does't work out. i heard not to force any of them in at all.. my bad..

So, my question is.. do i use it since the threads on the bolt are fine with no signs of cross threading or send it back and wait "X" amount of days/weeks until they send a new one and walk everywhere cause its my DD? :mfrown:

cyllarus
05-17-2012, 04:31 PM
My Motto for building / working on cars:
"do it right or do it twice"

Dominic@CCI
05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Run the bolts in and out of the flywheel without the plate and make sure they go through smoothly. If they don't replace the bolts with a new set and try again. If still not smooth run a tap through the holes very gentley to remove any burs that may have been created.

You can send it back to me but it will be 5 days shipping from you to me and then 5 days to get it back to you.

If you have any other questions feel free to call me.

Dominic
tech@competitionclutch.com
1-800-809-6598

Civic5lug
05-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Run the bolts in and out of the flywheel without the plate and make sure they go through smoothly. If they don't replace the bolts with a new set and try again. If still not smooth run a tap through the holes very gentley to remove any burs that may have been created.

You can send it back to me but it will be 5 days shipping from you to me and then 5 days to get it back to you.

Dominic
1-800-809-6598
:yeahthat::clap2:

MajorJones
05-19-2012, 07:08 PM

Dominic
1-800-809-6598

Thanks Dominic for the help. I did what you said and it all worked out this morning. I didnt know CC had an EPhatch account lol anyways, thanks for the help again!