PDA

View Full Version : Quick releases and hubs!!!

rd02SiR
05-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Ok, so I'm "investing" in a hub and quick release (QR). I ordered an NRG 2.0 QR with a Boss hub and an NRG deep dish wheel (3" offset").

I'm wondering if that combo will be to close to me. As it sits oem, it could come about 3-4 inches closer for that real optimum position. I'm thinking that combo will add about 6inches.

Should I have gone for a shorter hub or QR?

Does anyone have any experience with QR and hub combos? Pics maybe?

I got this as a package deal off eBay, that was hard to pass up. $157 for hub, NRG QR 2.0, and NRG deep dish wheel. So it's worth it just for the QR and sell the wheel down the road.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickle n Dimin
05-17-2012, 05:30 PM
link to ebay sale.. hope it doesn't turn out like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMxB4RpCDzA

rd02SiR
05-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-DEEP-STEERING-WHEEL-NRG-QUICK-RELEASE-HUB-JDM-Fit-Only-sparco-Momo-Nardi-/250993482710?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a70609bd6

It's not a fake nardi wheel, I've seen those and would never buy one. I'm going to be buying a nardi deep corn once I get things set up.

frm_808
05-18-2012, 12:38 AM
let us know if it bends or not..would like one for my yota

rd02SiR
05-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Its an NRG wheel, I doubt someone would make a fake NRG wheel. But I guess you never know these days eh?

rd02SiR
05-31-2012, 02:46 PM
let us know if it bends or not..would like one for my yota

installed everything a few days ago. The hub was garbage, so i ordered a sparco one from a local shop. Still not bad for the QR and wheel.

The wheel does not bend, and i tried a maddd gansta lean lol. Actually thats a lie, there is no gangster lean with full bucket seats. But the wheel does not bend!

As the set up is now it's, Sparco hub/NRG thin QR/NRG 3" deep wheel.

The wheel is quite close to me, maybe a tad too close, but it's great for the corners.

I'll be getting a Personal Grinta wheel in suede soon, which doesn't have as much offset. And i'll be adding a Corbeau harness to keep my face off the steering wheel.

I would say the wheel is a good 5-6inces closer to me. I have to take my hand off the wheel to use my signals or wipers.

Manny Kid 15
05-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah I have the same issue with mine sitting to close to me maybe if I change from the 2.5 to the thin version of quick release it might help

MANNY KID 15

Draw7Seven
05-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Here's hoping you get that harness before the wheel gets your ribcage!

rd02SiR
05-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Manny, just a heads up, you can't use the NRG short hub with NRG thin quick release. There isn't enough space for the QR to fit on the hub.

Draw, yeah I'm waiting for a local who is a Corbeau dealer to get a pair. Can't wait!!

fdnyjon
07-26-2012, 05:49 PM
link to ebay sale.. hope it doesn't turn out like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMxB4RpCDzA

LOL ah man thats crazy

fdnyjon
07-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Here's hoping you get that harness before the wheel gets your ribcage!

This is why im having second thoughts about installing a quick release in my daily...

Draw7Seven
07-26-2012, 05:57 PM
This is why im having second thoughts about installing a quick release in my daily...

Ideally, your seatbelt locks up and you don't hit the wheel at full force. But accidents are called accidents because they aren't ideal. I wouldn't use a quick release without a harness or a cage without a harness and helmet, but I'm paranoid.

fdnyjon
07-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Ideally, your seatbelt locks up and you don't hit the wheel at full force. But accidents are called accidents because they aren't ideal. I wouldn't use a quick release without a harness or a cage without a harness and helmet, but I'm paranoid.

Yeah im super paranoid too lol But i would like to get a harness before i get a quick release..

rd02SiR
07-28-2012, 10:26 PM
well got the harnesses in a few weeks ago, they are awesome!