PDA

View Full Version : How to remove spoiler

Pinoy84
01-07-2003, 04:46 PM
I am having trouble figuring out how to take off the stock spoiler. I see the two bolts on the ends, thats easy but the other bolts are a mystery to me. I understand that I have to take off most of the plastic on the rear hatch door but do no know how to do this. Can someone explain how I would take off all this plastic cladding.

EnJaNir
01-07-2003, 05:15 PM
After not hearing from your other post on the same topic i thought you had gotten it.

You have the outside two...thats easy

Now removed the cladding...be careful when doing this..kinda squeeze it...it pulls off, but be careful of the two joints, its just plastic clips that hold this in place

Once that is done, you need to remove the 3rd brake light, once this is done, just move it out of the way, and look behind where it sits normally, you will find either 1 or 2 bolts there.

hope it helps

CivicSiR4U2NV
01-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Its pretty simple. Open the hatch and grab the plastic peice just under the brake light. pry it towards the top carefully and it will pop off. next there are 2 10mm bolts that hold the brake light to the hatch undo them. then grab the brake light and carefully pull it out there are 2 clips that hold it in place right near the wire. push the button on the brake light hareness pull it out then wiggle the cable out of the brake light. then there are 2 10mm nuts under where the brake light was. undo them and place them aside. then undo the 10mm bolts on the very end. then close the hatch and put your palms on the back side (closest to you) on one side then push down the with one hand and the other hand grab for the front and pull back. then do the same on the other side and it will pop off. its that easy.

hope this helps. :)

James

Pinoy84
01-07-2003, 05:40 PM
ok, I got the stock spoiler off, thanks for the help. Now I need to know what to grind off by the shop. I know they have threads on this but the one picture that down the hatch posted is kinda hard to see. also are both brake lights going to be connected or just the one on the wing? Is this more of a personal preferance?

CivicSiR4U2NV
01-07-2003, 05:54 PM
a good body shop should know what and what not to shave. as for the brake light its up to you what you want to light up as for me when i get my wing back from my shop im wiring the wing light instead of the hatch brake light in.