05-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Sup everyone i live in socal and I was wondering
If anyone knows if honda still sell the dashboard
The thing is that my dash looks weird lol and I don't like it
And if they do how much it cost
If anyone can help thanks

gamma6
05-18-2012, 08:11 PM
What do u mean weird; just might be the way it is?

ForeverOne
05-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Well I didn't ment to say weird but the previous owner of the car used
chemicals such as armor all and stuff and now the dashboard it looks like
Its getting fated or something so now I want to replace the holl dash

Draw7Seven
05-18-2012, 10:12 PM
77102-S6A-G00ZB

http://www.bernardiparts.com/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/SearchOptions_V7/ImageStreamer.aspx

Number 4 in this pic.

ForeverOne
05-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the help

vividk20
05-19-2012, 04:32 PM
check out majestic-honda.com for parts...they tend to carry everything.

ep3k20
05-19-2012, 09:05 PM
just restore it man. its so much cheaper and the products that are out there are great quality.Use a plastic refinisher vinyl paint spray. Most offer cans of differently-colored products at around $13. This spray penetrates the surface and bonds molecularly to the dashboard to permanently seal in the color, It also dries to touch in 45 seconds, and forms a complete bond in only 10 minutes. The resulting surface color is UV stable, color-fast and will not flake, crack or peel.
Make sure you clean the surface with a good prep spray or wax/tar remover so that the surface takes the paint. Tape off any areas that you do not want to paint ie; vents, glass, etc etc.
Apply several coats (allowing to dry each time) of your chosen color vinyl paint, working up from a thin, transparent base coat to the finished, thick layer. Allow to dry at the end. Apply a permanent protectant after cleaning and restoration to avoid future damage, wear and tear or color loss. This comes as a UV, clear protector spray that does not wash off and bonds through to the surface molecules of the dashboard. A coat of this protector will resist fading, cracking and heat deterioration. And fyi for everyone don't ever use armor all on interior parts. not only does it look like total shit, but the acids in the products will actually distort and help crack the said part prematurely. I have always used pledge (orange) on my interior pieces including dash. It is not abrasive and does not contain acidic chemicals that promote premature damage. I was actually told this many years ago by a upholstery shop that the guy had ran for 40+ years. he swears by it and i have only used it. Plus it makes your car smell awesome, leaves a natural "clean look" not that glossy bs armor all does and it helps prevent dust as it protects

think about it. $435 + shipping from majestic or probably $30 in paint and supplies and couple hours of your time and it will turn out looking great

hope this helps :mwink:

ForeverOne
05-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Yea I guess your right its way better if I restore it
But where do I get the spray or do I need to order from
A certain place.

ep3k20
05-20-2012, 06:03 AM
VHT paint sells an awesome product but is only available online. Dupli-color also makes good quality vinyl paint at your local auto part store. iTs ultimately up to you man. You will have choices between satin black and flat black and low gloss black. Honestly don't go with flat. I personally always use low gloss but have seen great results with satin too (satin has more of a gloss whereas low gloss is a uniform almost matte finish) Make sure you prep and do a good job doing so. It is vital you do so because you can have the best, most expensive paint, but dping a crappy prep job will ruin the finish everytime.

sleepy ep3
05-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Dude, I would black suede that shit and be done with it. It will look killer, and hold up great.

ep3k20
05-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Dude, I would black suede that shit and be done with it. It will look killer, and hold up great.

This^^^ come to think of it, that shit would look bad ass in suede.... Dare I say...Ferrari?

Draw7Seven
05-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Suede is the type of thing where if you do a half-assed job of it, it will turn out shittier than anything you have right now. Do it right and it would be pretty sick though.

Manny Kid 15
05-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Buy this one its in SoCal http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=727165

Sent from MANNY KID 15 using Tapatalk

fdnyjon
06-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Restoring it would be the cheapest solution unless you wanna spend money on a brand new one?