PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump

02_epdriver
05-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Just trying to get some advice on what fuel pump and injectors to use that will support 350 to 400 whp. For the injectors I was thinking the ID 725's to 1000's not sure on the pump though and even though about E85 not sure if that would be a waste with that kinda power since I have E85 at almost every gas station I go to. Hit me with some info and thanks

USAF EP3
05-20-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm selling my Walbro 255 LPH and I bought a Deatchwerks DW65c. I'll show you a picture below.
If you're questioning about the HP support, my friend ran a return fuel system in an 06 RSX-S with a GT35R Full-Race turbo kit and made 420ish to the wheels. He did that with a Walbro 255 LPH and with Precision low impedance 680 cc's...on 93 pump gas.

Notice how it's a perfect fitment for your stock fuel pump cradle, no more needing to modify or cut pieces off or zip tipes to make it fit like many Walbro DIY's out there for our cars.

02_epdriver
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Kev i think i seen that on k series parts and was interested in it. I just wanted to make sure it would support enough fuel for that power

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

USAF EP3
05-20-2012, 11:46 PM
It will support that power BUT you will need to run a return style system. I just dumped about $750 this past week ordering parts for my system following this write up I found on H-T:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2905850

It's expensive, I know, but you will never have to worry about fuel delivery again unless you plan +500WHP

Edit: I just realised you mentioned E85. Don't go with anything lower than a 300 LPH pump, with E85 you need more volume than gasoline fuel systems or else you will lean out your engine..

As for the fuel lines use teflon hoses with outer braiding (doesn't need to be stainless steel). Rubber will deteriorate faster with ethanol running through it. Expect to spend more with teflon lines and you WILL have to use fittings made for teflon line, they are not the same that are used with rubber lines.

AKEP
05-21-2012, 12:47 AM
no AN compression fittings?

USAF EP3
05-21-2012, 12:54 AM
no AN compression fittings?

What do you mean? They're AN fittings, are there different kinds or something? Only thing I know that is different is there are "crimped" parts (like the ones we use here at work on the aircraft) and then there are the normal twist on parts.

The crimped style are for telfon and are rated up to 3500 psi (aircraft grade). The twist on style (rubber) are rated up to 1000 psi for stainless steel braided and 350 psi for nylon braided.

differentK
05-22-2012, 06:55 AM
that deatchewerks 265lph fuel pump is great- im using one along with id725cc to fuel my blown k24- returnless system. 300+ whp and i dont think i break 60% duty cycle at WOT. i think it would easily support 400+whp along with id1000cc- no E85 needed.

02_epdriver
05-22-2012, 08:20 AM
It will support that power BUT you will need to run a return style system. I just dumped about $750 this past week ordering parts for my system following this write up I found on H-T:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2905850

It's expensive, I know, but you will never have to worry about fuel delivery again unless you plan +500WHP

Edit: I just realised you mentioned E85. Don't go with anything lower than a 300 LPH pump, with E85 you need more volume than gasoline fuel systems or else you will lean out your engine..

As for the fuel lines use teflon hoses with outer braiding (doesn't need to be stainless steel). Rubber will deteriorate faster with ethanol running through it. Expect to spend more with teflon lines and you WILL have to use fittings made for teflon line, they are not the same that are used with rubber lines.

Thanks for the info. I will be looking more into this and starting to grab some parts here. I'm off on vacation this week and the EP is getting painted champ white this week.

USAF EP3
05-22-2012, 02:12 PM
that deatchewerks 265lph fuel pump is great- im using one along with id725cc to fuel my blown k24- returnless system. 300+ whp and i dont think i break 60% duty cycle at WOT. i think it would easily support 400+whp along with id1000cc- no E85 needed.

You need to datalog in Kpro and see what your duty cycle really is. Another thing to keep in mind, is with a return system, you don't need to run as large of injectors compared to a non-return system. Like I mentioned before, 680cc with a return system @ +400whp and the duty never went over 80%...

Adding to that, non-return systems keep constant fuel pressure instead of rising the pressure on a 1:1 ratio with manifold pressure. Remember, if the fuel rail is pressurized to 45 psi and the manifold pressure is 10 psi, the injectors are only pushing fuel at 35 psi. With a rising rate regulator (as used with return systems) you won't run into this problem.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
05-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Just order my pump from deatchworks. Ill let u know how I like it

02_epdriver
05-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Just order my pump from deatchworks. Ill let u know how I like it

You going to be running a return or a non return system now.

AKEP
05-28-2012, 05:06 AM
What do you mean? They're AN fittings, are there different kinds or something? Only thing I know that is different is there are "crimped" parts (like the ones we use here at work on the aircraft) and then there are the normal twist on parts.

The crimped style are for telfon and are rated up to 3500 psi (aircraft grade). The twist on style (rubber) are rated up to 1000 psi for stainless steel braided and 350 psi for nylon braided.

I haven't seen the crimped ones, i figured they were all compression fittings for the most part...i guess the twist on kind. pics of crimped AN fittings? btw i don't work on the aircraft, i do nerdy computer stuff that interacts with things on the aircraft. lol.

USAF EP3
05-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Just finished my return system. Go to DIY section shortly I'll have the thread posted up within the hour. You're see how nice the DW65c is.

Also, did some homework on the DW65c, it is ethanol and methanol compatible, but I don't know if it'll flow the necessary amount to rn high horsepower. I'll be the guinea pig in the experiment. My setup will easly net me 350+ to the wheels on 93 pump. Since my whole system is custom now it's all alcohol based fuels compatible so I'll test it out and see if the DW65c can support 400+ with e85.