PDA

View Full Version : Spoon Sports TB

smokincivic
01-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Did a search and didnt turn anything up as far as this being posted so here goes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p284de4d6da634169be48ea0550163f01/fccff23d.jpg
I sent an email to JDMHondaparts.com to find out the size in comparison to our stock one but have not recieved anything back, and with a $530 price tag I think alot of poeple will probably chose to go the route of having their stock TB bored out. what do you guys (and gals) think?

Jpax
01-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by smokincivic
Did a search and didnt turn anything up as far as this being posted so here goes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p284de4d6da634169be48ea0550163f01/fccff23d.jpg
I sent an email to JDMHondaparts.com to find out the size in comparison to our stock one but have not recieved anything back, and with a $530 price tag I think alot of poeple will probably chose to go the route of having their stock TB bored out. what do you guys (and gals) think?

i would rather send my TB to Myeverlovensir and have him do it.........;)

Kind of pricey but wonder what the gains are? 5hp? added to exhaust header and system? Dose that make sence?

ssvr6
01-07-2003, 04:57 PM
This is a 70mm TB and I think MyEverLovinSiR had his stock one bored out to 68mm with a new butterfly.

I don't know if dyno's have been done yet, but the cost was WAY below $530.

Steve

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2003, 04:58 PM
I originally was going to get that also. It's apparently advertised as having a 70mm taper, but I think the butterfly is only 66mm in diameter. Still a gainer, if you don't mind being without cruise and are prepared to spend alot more than a bore out.;)

Jpax
01-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
I originally was going to get that also. It's apparently advertised as having a 70mm taper, but I think the butterfly is only 66mm in diameter. Still a gainer, if you don't mind being without cruise and are prepared to spend alot more than a bore out.;)

If you bore it out you dont get cruse any more? it the vaccum to much to hold the cruse control vacum?
what did you pay for yours myeverlovinsir ? and would you offer it to other EP hatchers>?

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
This is a 70mm TB and I think MyEverLovinSiR had his stock one bored out to 68mm with a new butterfly.

I don't know if dyno's have been done yet, but the cost was WAY below $530.

Steve

I wish, but 64mm is the max available to us on the stock bore out (at the buterfly). There are bearings with tiny components that are located in the side walls and would hate to run into them on the lathe. The taper done on mine is awesome work and is close to 70mm now.

goldy02
01-07-2003, 05:04 PM
that was next on the list but if you cant keep cruise i dont know if i want it or not i use it way too much

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE

If you bore it out you dont get cruse any more? it the vaccum to much to hold the cruse control vacum?
what did you pay for yours myeverlovinsir ? and would you offer it to other EP hatchers>?

The spoon TB does not have the cruise control, you can see it in the pic, only one cable mount. But when you bore the stock one out you keep the cruise.;)

I had a local company do mine as did JSIR, we payed about the same. less than $200 CAD is a good ballpark if you wish to get it done. My post on the TB job is a great reference if you choose to get this work done guys.:)

smokincivic
01-07-2003, 05:16 PM
I agree with myeverlovinsir completely ....for $530 I dont even get to keep Cruise Control ....:'( I love my cruise control, and I'll bet the gains for the spoon and boreing the stock one are of minimul difference but I have to admit I am curious...and I did notice that for the B-series the spoon is a 70mm but I bet for the K-series its different unless you guys have a different source stating the 70mm

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Spoonhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p284de4d6da634169be48ea0550163f01/fccff23d.jpg

My TB

:cool:

Glen

smokincivic
01-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Ya but the spoon one is shiny

I'm all about the bling bling ;) lol

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2003, 07:38 PM
The only bling I care about is function. And another bling, you never really see a TB inside when its installed. lol;) You just feel it.

ssvr6
01-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Did you ever dyno the results or notice any gains in the "seat of your pants" dyno?

Steve

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Did you ever dyno the results or notice any gains in the "seat of your pants" dyno?

Steve

Yep, top of the second pg. TB bore out pics dyno (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6068)

SpeedRacer
01-07-2003, 08:10 PM
i wonder if the spoon TB is alot lighter.

myeverlovinsir
01-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
i wonder if the spoon TB is alot lighter.

Weight diff.???? In a word none. They use the same exact TB structure that is mass produced...and do a little porting. It's the same TPS, MAP, EGR valve and water pump. I would be surprised if they did not use the std. part to save money on fabrication. hth

I don't think anyone but "Spoon" (the name) makes them special in the eye of the consumer. They make quality products, I just chose to save my money. Other engine heads will do what JSIR and I have done, I know that I learned alot from just doing it. :)