PDA

View Full Version : anyone have this intake ??

Noobifier3000
05-21-2012, 02:19 AM
I know this may have been covered a thousand times but. I thought this intake looks pretty snazzy and was wondering if anyone has it and they're opinions.

http://www.coolcarpartsonline.com/air-intake/weapon-r-dragon-intake-system/honda-civic-si-2002-2005-weapon-r-dragon-cold-air-intake-system-polished-black

The intake my ep3 has seems to be a cheap ebay one. ( short ram ) So probably by buying a name brand one, I'm hoping it'll make a difference. Plus I don't want cheap shit on my car.

Weapon R also claims this. http://www.coolcarpartsonline.com/images/weapon-r/pdf/801-142-101.pdf

I'm down for any other reccomendations as well. ( I heard cold air intake is the better choice because short ram's are located at a heat spot >.< )

sleepy ep3
05-21-2012, 07:29 AM
I do not have this intake. Hope this helps.

Jukka
05-21-2012, 08:21 AM
^^lmao....nice

I've sold a bunch of these at my work for different applications. They aren't the greatest quality. The filters are a foam style filter that after about 6 months or so of daily driving becomes really brittle and dissolves. If i were you, I'd save your $, buy a K&N or an AEM one.

sleepy ep3
05-21-2012, 10:30 AM
^^lmao....nice

I've sold a bunch of these at my work for different applications. They aren't the greatest quality. The filters are a foam style filter that after about 6 months or so of daily driving becomes really brittle and dissolves. If i were you, I'd save your $, buy a K&N or an AEM one.

+1 on the AEM. They usually have really good stuff

Blah1219
05-21-2012, 11:33 AM
If you're on a tight budget, just get an eBay intake tube and buy an aem/ k&n intake filter.

bluedemonep3
05-21-2012, 11:36 AM
If you're on a tight budget, just get an eBay intake tube and buy an aem/ k&n intake filter.

yea what he said, ive had an ebay intake and just switched out the filter. I eventually just bought an AEM

Drunken Yak inc
05-21-2012, 12:11 PM
I'll be the nonconformist and tell you to save up and buy the Injen CAI. I loved the throaty sound it made... Although all I hear from the engine bay now is the whine of the supercharger. :mbiggrin:

vividk20
05-21-2012, 03:30 PM
I was happy with the AEM v2 i had before I went turbo...you get what you pay for in my opinion.

makavelibranded
05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
I do not have this intake. Hope this helps.

You make me lol

Anywho that intake wont make much of a diff. from what you have now if any, only a cold air intake like from injen or aem.

sleepy ep3
05-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I'll be the nonconformist and tell you to save up and buy the Injen CAI. I loved the throaty sound it made... Although all I hear from the engine bay now is the whine of the supercharger. :mbiggrin:
I had the Injen cai. IMO it sits too close to the ground, mine always got wet, even with the water cover thing made by Injen

I was happy with the AEM v2 i had before I went turbo...you get what you pay for in my opinion.
Loved the V2 before I went turbo. Worth every penny. Don't fully agree with the placement of the filter by the exhaust, but car always seemed to run well regardless.

tinman5
05-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I liked the thought of the V2 myself however the filter needed cleaning every oil change.
That began annoying the hell out of me so I knocked about 18" off the filter end, a little adjusting here, a weld there and now the filter sits just behind my Tanabe strut bar several inches above the tranny, away from the exhaust and tucks up closer to the firewall and master cylinder. I made some shielding out of some metal sheet and voila! No more stanking dirty filter.
Of course my friend could not believe I hacked up the intake but oh well...

sincityep3
07-23-2012, 09:56 PM
:mfrown:
always seemed to run well regardless.

ep32424
10-09-2012, 04:59 PM
looks pretty cheap avoid that get an injen or something.

kep3si
07-31-2013, 10:10 PM
I have an Aem cold air intake for sale in case any one is interested. Pm me

lemonhead228
08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Lol this thread was last year. If you wanted to sale you do it on the market place under auto parts classify