PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - Tire size!

Kerby
05-25-2012, 07:08 AM
I placed an order on my first set of wheels to the EP3. I've had the car for 5years now and I FINALLY decided on a rim for her. I'm actually pretty siked about it!:bounce:
To my knowledge, I'll be the first with the combo I'm trying out. And NO... I'm not telling, I'll let the pics do the talking. My lips are sealed. :tehehyper:

I need advice though on my tire option. I'm going to be ordering next week the Rokkor Coilover kit. i know you guys mean well when your gonna post, "you get what you pay for". I appreciate your concerns, however, for my current situation and the amount of driving this car does (once in a blue moon now) the Rokkor is the best option. Once I get the kit, I'll be doing a DIY Prep from ClubRSX. So i shouldn't get squeecks or anything like that.

So with that being said, I'm going for the super slammed look.

I already have and will be installing the following:
DC5R control arms - on the fence about this because I already have a LOW offset wheel
HardRace Roll Center Adjuster - been in the closet for like 2yrs now.:mangel:
Buddy Club rear camber kit :mcool:

The wheels are 17x9 +25. :meek:
I just got off the phone with a local tire shop who caters to the local honda scene and being inspired by Miah I inquired about 205/40/17.
He didn't recommend it, and said that is a crazy stretch.

What do you guys think? Should I go with 215/40/17?
I already have to roll/pull fenders/panels anyway.

clean04si
05-26-2012, 02:37 PM
225 minimum

9" = 228-229mm so... 205 is counter productive.

id rock 245 -255 if im going to roll fenders.

tinman5
05-26-2012, 05:25 PM
As much as I cant stand that hella flush nonsense, its your car, your money. I feel you are going to end up with the 205/40. And ridiculous foot settings.
Just for gits and shiggles I mounted one of the front wheels off my S13 onto the rear of the EP. 17x9 +27 wrapped in 235/40 rubber the edge if the tread/sidewall poked out a full inch and a half. Thats with about 2.5* negative camber out back. A 205 tread width will probably get that closer to 3/4" (on my set up) to 3/8" with camber maxed out.
Hope that helps and good luck.

Kerby
05-30-2012, 10:11 AM
I think I decided on a tire size. thanks guys for your input.

You guys think it will be necessary to run a rear camber kit? I've seen some people run them, others dont.

Also, what alignment specs are you guys running with your 9" RPF1s all around? I need a ballpark baseline for the alignment guy to start from.

sleepy ep3
05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Dubs. Keep it real.

Kerby
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks Evan for your help and giving some suggestions. you are the man!

I've decided the best course of action is to get a 235/40 tire. The actual model I'm going with is not an super aggressive tread so it should be golden. Gona do a roll on all four corners and pull if needed. For an added dose of "just in case" gonna also get front camber bolts and rear camber kits.

Kerby
05-31-2012, 06:28 AM
quick question:

what size front camber kit do I need to purchase?

The choices are either 14mm or 16mm.

PatrickJamesYu
05-31-2012, 06:05 PM
I'd stretch a 215/40 on that personally :P

I recommend putting the rear camber kit in.
If you're going for fitment, every half degree matters.
Natural camber and worn bushings wont cut it in my opinion.
Maybe some days you want poke, and some days you want to tuck.

And I got 16mm
I'm running 4 of them total in the front.

whatsvtec
05-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Those wheels(specs) + dc5r arms are gonna be tough to fit. You're definitely gonna need a pull, but it'll look tight! Even without the dc5r arms, you're probably going to need a pull. Glad you pulled the trigger on rokkor coils :mbiggrin: I love my racelands, and their phenomenal customer service.