PDA

View Full Version : will kyb rear strut for 02-04 reg. civic fit 02 si???

brian1414
05-26-2012, 07:00 AM
During this summer I'm trying to even out my si's ride height. All four corners are stock but the rear have hideous wheel gap, while the front looks slightly lowered.
Long story short, mu buddy has kyb strut for his 02-04 civic and i was wondering if that will fit my 02 si???
Thanks in advance!!!

mitchlikesbikes
05-26-2012, 11:38 AM
are you planning on the different strut changing your ride height? cause if you switch struts with the stock springs, even if they do fit your ride height won't change.

brian1414
05-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Ofcourse!! I have a progress lowering spring and i was just wondering if the kyb strut will fit in to my ep without any clearance problem.
Thanks for your comment :)

RotaryGreg
05-27-2012, 05:46 AM
i believe the holes where the two bolts that attacth the knuckle to the strut are way smaller on a regular civic than on SI(R)s. I changed some dead struts out for a coworkers 03 civic sedan and they look to be like a typical 12 or 14mm bolt where as ours are huge bolts, like 16mm or so.

there could be other differnces too, but that one is sort of a deal breaker right there.

brian1414
05-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks! I just got a hold of KYB GR-2 (not the tokico blues) for the rear as a gift. I was doing some more searches about the gr-2 and people say the strut will blow when lowered with springs due to the "oem replacement". I guess i have to sell it and get the proper struts to lower my ep.
Once again, thanks for the info!!