PDA

View Full Version : Warning about Wicked Tuning control arms

captaingamez
05-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I bought wicked tuning camber arms back in december, and have had them installed since with zero problems. so today i was driving from phoenix to san diego, and i stopped for gas then went to a wal mart, as i was pulling out of the wal mart the driver rear upper control arm (camber arm) LET GO. the weld completely snapped from off of the bushing collar. the shaft to the turnbuckle actually ripped the bushing collar in half.

you can take this however you will, but i do not have a degree, i have however taken enough mechanical engineering courses to know that this design was not made out of steel strong enough to make it work, and whats really bad about this is that godspeed makes incredibly inferior products, no offense to those running them, but this is my experience, and in my experience with both of their control arm products (godspeed and wicked tuning) i have found that unfortunately for wicked, godspeed makes a far superior product, i had mine over a year and a half before they crapped out and bent, didnt even break, i was actually able to drive on the godspeeds after seeing that they were dammaged, the wicked gave no warning whatsoever, it just ripped apart.

I strongly reeeomend against buying these control arms, if i had been going down the highway at speed when this happened, well I'd rather not think about what would have happened, what if it had happened while i was climbing the mountain into san diego on the I-8? i mean thank god none of this did happen but who is wicked liable to if it did, not you.

mitchlikesbikes
05-27-2012, 11:12 AM
ebay parts anywhere near your suspension linkage will run a large risk of death and/or your friends making fun of you. just don't do it hahaha

captaingamez
05-27-2012, 11:17 AM
yea well as i said, these are not cheap ebay parts, thats what godspeed is, wicked is supposed to be a good company, aditionally they cost the same as the ingalls alot of people use, and have the same waranty, I am not stupid, and i dont buy crap knowledgeably. i thought i would give an american company a chance instead of buying another part from japan that is made in taiwan anyways

Tnhatch03
05-27-2012, 11:50 AM
post some pictures.

glad you were not traveling or anything. i have never heard of wicked tuning.

mitchlikesbikes
05-27-2012, 01:08 PM
i have never heard of wicked tuning.

yeah what he said. that's why i assumed it was just an ebay brand.

SkareKrow
05-27-2012, 02:14 PM
post some pictures.

glad you were not traveling or anything. i have never heard of wicked tuning.

Like Barry said.

Also I dont buy anything American Period. I have learned my lesson with Godspeed a while ago. Sucks that Wicked became horribly wicked. Good thing is your safe..

-SK

captaingamez
05-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I was actually traveling, luckily I had spares on the shelf that I could get ghetto rigged, I had to have a buddy bring the parts and tools from Phoenix to Yuma az.

I ended up putting the wicked bushing/mount shaft through my old Godspeed just to get it home.
Good to have friends that owe u, thank god it didn't happen on the mountain before Yuma

captaingamez
05-28-2012, 11:08 AM
here is a pic I took once i got it out.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/captaingamez/010.jpg

captaingamez
05-28-2012, 11:09 AM
and another

and +1 on not buying anything american again, why do we make such crap, or have other people make crap for us?
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/captaingamez/011.jpg

RHCP0801
05-28-2012, 11:47 AM
never even heard of wicked tuning, that probably answers your question of how shitty it is made. Should have just bought spc