PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere cheap to find a new OEM shift knob?

HFPcivicSI
05-27-2012, 04:28 PM
So why the heck are our shift knobs so freaking expensive?? Does anyone know where to get a brand new OEM honda shift knob for under $100??? I dont want a aftermarket one, not interested in the metal ones that get hot in the sun and burn your hands.

I have looked and looked, and everywhere I find one, they are full MSRP. A know a lot of sellers from ebay say they have "OEM ones" with no packaging (which, I am pretty sure mean they are reps, and are fake). I figured if I asked on here, maybe you guys might know someone who knows someone or something. lol..

ep3k20
05-27-2012, 05:05 PM
i have my stock one that is damn near brand new if you pay for shipping its yours

Jukka
05-27-2012, 06:37 PM
check a scrap yard? or go with a JDM boot and buy something different.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Sell u mine, its in good condition lmk

sleepy ep3
05-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Just buy a nice suede knob. Cool in summer, normal in winter. Probably same cost as oem, and will look better.

Danielsle
05-27-2012, 08:44 PM
A lot of members have their stock shift knobs still. If you show interest, they'll start popping up in great condition to terrible wear.

HFPcivicSI
05-28-2012, 06:01 AM
Yeah I i'd prefer great condition as mine id rate a 7/10. :)

Jmage
05-30-2012, 01:46 PM
I put a Baby sock on mine in winter and in summer. When to knob get warmer/colder I remove the sock. I had this brilliant idea last year :) One down side is the sock is loose so if you shift hard you can miss shift... Just saying.

HFPcivicSI
05-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Yeah, but I really like the OEM style. I just can not understand why it costs so much. The idea of a suede one is a good one, but Id want one that fits perfect. I wear medium size gloves, and dont have big hands.

I am still waiting on the original dude that said he had a great condition one for sale. If someone else has a really really good condition one, Id be interested in looking at it.

Is there another "expensive" honda shifter that fits it that still displays the 5speed inscriptions? (No, its not needed to visually see how to shift the car, but I am OCD about things that just are not "right", and a 6 speed shift knob, on a 5speed car is not "right" to me lol. Does the legit acura type R knob fit/feel good? Or are they impossible to buy because of MSRP price on them as well?

HFPcivicSI
05-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Just buy a nice suede knob. Cool in summer, normal in winter. Probably same cost as oem, and will look better.

Schleeeeepy - is there one you can recommend? :) Thanks!

Danielsle
05-30-2012, 04:58 PM
A lot of us use skunk2 weighted shift knobs. Looks good and feels nice. Just burns your hand in the summer... Haha

differentK
05-31-2012, 06:01 AM
where in PA are you? Ill look through my parts bin this weekend- if i can find it you can have it

HFPcivicSI
05-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Harrisburg is where I am located. And Thanks!!!

Jacksond
06-09-2012, 12:54 AM
http://www.hondapartsource.com/index.php?i=2&id=17511721&rmake=466&rmodel=2182&ryear=2005&section=&type=accessories&rpage=0

Check it out bro. Not exact but is oem, appears to have red shape and very similar shape. Let me know what you think

differentK
06-10-2012, 08:15 AM
sorry for the delay- took a while to find. I have that shift knob if you want it... im in philly.

HFPcivicSI
07-14-2012, 09:05 PM
sorry for the delay- took a while to find. I have that shift knob if you want it... im in philly.

Bump!! Yah I just pm'd you. LMK if you can help a brotha out. Def need a mint condition OEM civic SI knob. Thanks
-tQ

HFPcivicSI
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM

Diff K is the man... Got the knob today. Guys, this is why I am glad a site like this exists... dude sent me the shifter with out asking for any money, just my address and he covered shipping. Of course I am going to send him some money for his time, and shipping - but damn. Thanks homey.... seriously, I needed this shifter bad, mine looks like a baseball thats been sitting in the sun and ripped open.

So I am good on my shifter now. Thanks again man - it will be going into a car that is getting the full treatment - so it went to a good home. Thanks again.

differentK
07-25-2012, 08:40 AM
glad you like it- it hasnt seen the light of day for like 7 yrs lol