PDA

View Full Version : valve noise and low idle

quidnatch
05-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi guys,
So I have noticed a bit of valve noise and my idle seems a little low. My engine just threw a CEL and it was P1166 so I am assuming that one of the air sensors is making it run rough. Anyone have this happen? Will I likeley need a valve timing done as well? Is there a way that I can check which sensor is bad?

Thank you

civicsmoke420
06-15-2012, 03:13 PM
My Ep just started throwing out the same code. The primary o2 sensors' heater has stopped working! The sensor has a wire running throught it that heats it up when you start the car in order to obtain correct readings. It is a pretty easy fix seeing as it can only be one of three things: (1) There is a fuse that feeds that wire and it is located in the interior fuse box and is labeled "LAF Heater". If this fuse is good than (2) there is a break in the wire between the ECU and the sensor. If you keep the car parked outside than there is a possibility that a rodent may have gnawed through it (although unlikely it has happened). If that checks out then (3) The problem is within the o2 sensor and it needs to be replaced. Be sure to replace it with the actual HONDA part. Even though Denso makes the Honda o2 sensors their "OEM replacement" they never works like the real thing!!!!

Be sure to diagnose it in that order because it will save you money and a headache! Once you buy the sensor and install it it is yours unless it is defective. Most places (Autozone, Advance, Oreilly) will not take the sensor back if there are signs of installation. Good luck boss!!

Hi guys,
So I have noticed a bit of valve noise and my idle seems a little low. My engine just threw a CEL and it was P1166 so I am assuming that one of the air sensors is making it run rough. Anyone have this happen? Will I likeley need a valve timing done as well? Is there a way that I can check which sensor is bad?

Thank you

talonpunk831
06-21-2012, 07:51 PM
id check all vac lines, then get under the car and see if one of the O2 sensors on your car pipe is loose or the connection has come undone, then go from there. its happened to me, i just unplugged the o2 sensor, then plugged it back in, and used some tape to keep it from getting lose again.