PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on lowering springs

EP3THIEL
05-27-2012, 07:10 PM
I just bout an 04 ep3 yesterday. completely stock. First thing i want to do is put some new lowering springs in it. Any suggestions on what brand i should go for and the pros and cons of them? Eibach, Tein, Neuspeed, H&R, Tanabe, Skunk2??

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
05-27-2012, 07:16 PM
I had H&R race springs and i loved them, u wont be disappointed

EP3THIEL
05-27-2012, 09:12 PM
How was the fitment and difficulty of putting them in?

captaingamez
05-28-2012, 12:07 PM
I have Sprint on mine, I got a really good deal on them, Right now i only have the rears on with Koni shocks off the rsx. they handle very well, I think the spring rate on the sprints is higher than the H&R and Eibach, but i cant really remember. I strongly reccomend extended ball joints(i have buddy club), cause they handle like crap when lowered too much. I have used skunk2 products and i am always disapointed, i can really only speak for their suspension components though. Eibach, most Tein, H&R are really good studd IMHO. i also reccomend reading some of mustclime's threads, as he is an ep suspension guru, and without ever even asking him a question, his threads have allowed me to get a really good setup in my car.

also, IMO, most of the suspension work in the front of the car is a PITA. have a friend on hand, the rear is usually manageable, never do springs alone.