PDA

View Full Version : brake pads not wearing evenly

gtecd20
05-28-2012, 01:05 PM
so i got back yesterday from the river and when i was braking slowly i heard a grinding noise from my front passanger side tire when i looked the brake pad looked good so i decided to take the tire off and noticed the inside brake pad was almost done so brings me to my question

what would cause them to not wear evenly? this is the first time i did my own brake pad change i also got the disks resurfaced so idk if that would be the cause.

thanks for the help

1st
05-28-2012, 01:18 PM
My first guess was the resurfacing. Since you did this maybe the rotors are warped. Do you feel vibration when braking?

gtecd20
05-28-2012, 01:28 PM
nah its very smooth no vibrations at all
i did one time have to brake really hard to to an idiot cutting me off i noticed my foot went pretty down and i felt like a grinding effect never done it again till this weekend but ill take a pic and post it later its a big differnece in the pads one looks like 15% left and one looks 85 % left

rd02SiR
05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
the grinding feeling could have been abs kicking in.

Your problem could be that the caliper is stuck, holding the pad to the rotor constantly.

gtecd20
05-28-2012, 02:04 PM
how would i fix something like that?

hyu
05-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Repress your piston in... You could have a seized piston...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

RHCP0801
05-28-2012, 08:19 PM
rd02sir got it right, your slide pins are probably not lubed enough. Take off your caliper and the two bolts that you take out to release the caliper are secured to slide pins with the rubber boots on them, pull them out, clean off the grease if there is any and put some more on. Make sure you use high temp grease and also add some to the tracks the pads slide on