PDA

View Full Version : 100,000 miles maintenance

chinoman44
05-28-2012, 10:02 PM
so i finally reached 100k on my 2003 si, but im kinda clueless on what to do for maintenance. i haven't touched my spark plugs since i got it and the last time i changed the serpentine belt was around 70k. clutch and trans had been rebuilt around 65k for the fact that the honda dealership put motor oil in my transmission when i went in for my schedule maintenance, that was the last time i took it there.

mitchlikesbikes
05-28-2012, 11:20 PM
plugs, air filter, cabin filter, trans fluid, valve adjustment, etc could all be done.

chinoman44
05-30-2012, 05:53 PM
plugs, air filter, cabin filter, trans fluid, valve adjustment, etc could all be done.

actually is replacing the tranny fluid really that necessary? cuz after that one experience i really dont want to take the chance.
and were you think i can get a valve adjustment? what are the benefits?

modu03
06-05-2012, 08:23 PM

yeah, there really isn't much else to do as far as maintenance goes for the 100k mark. the valve adjustment isn't necessary unless your valves are excessively noisy. i am gonna be doing mine soon for that reason, but my car has over 200k on it. it's a simple process, but a honda dealer should do the best job at getting them in spec.

don't be too harsh on that dealership, screw ups happen in every shop no matter how good the techs are. but, the honda dealer is the most likely shop to stand behind their work and make it right if they do screw up. that said, i no longer trust anyone but me to work on my car after how many screw ups i've seen happen in shops. i had a shop replace an axle in my old accord and forget to refill the transmission. i drove it for about 4 months before the tranny blew up. i never thought that i should have to check that they actually refilled the tranny. anyway, if you can't do it yourself, just be careful who you take it too. ask some local people where they go and don't go to the cheapest shop. some shops charge less for a reason.

1st
06-07-2012, 09:28 AM
If this was my car and I had just obtained it. I would inspect all suspension components including cv axels inner and outer joints. Rotate tires, oil change, cabin filter, air filer, put in a Lucas fuel injector cleaner, change trans fluid, spark plugs. Honda recommends at 110k to do the rad flush but possibly early I guess and check your belt and brakes.

chinoman44
06-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Oh no I had this car since 2006. I know everything is good as far as oil, tires and filter....just did my spark plugs yesterday...post pics later on how my old ones looked.

mp_02si
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Changing the fluid in our trans is very important. Especially with our trans