PDA

View Full Version : ebay lsd

los
05-29-2012, 07:57 PM
if you go to ebay and type lsd ep3 you get a differential that im guessing you install into your tranny to get lsd has anyone used it or is it any good or can i get lsd without having to buy a whole new tranny ?

Manny Kid 15
05-29-2012, 08:07 PM
You can get LSD but I believe you have to crack open your case and install it that way at least that's what I was told

MANNY KID 15

Blah1219
05-29-2012, 08:24 PM
LSD - Limited Slip DIFFERENTIAL

Yes, you'll have to crank open the trans to install it.

If you decide to get a differential, it wouldn't hurt to throw in a tsx 6th gear and 5.1 fd

That LSD on eBay is most likely OBX. Remember you get what you pay for.

MugenReplica
05-30-2012, 06:50 AM
LSD - Limited Slip DIFFERENTIAL

Yes, you'll have to crank open the trans to install it.

If you decide to get a differential, it wouldn't hurt to throw in a tsx 6th gear and 5.1 fd

That LSD on eBay is most likely OBX. Remember you get what you pay for.

^This....except the OBX is an identical replica of the Quaife. If you buy it however, take it to somebody to have it cleaned up, deburred, and checked for any issues. There's quite a few threads online on how to rebuild them. I posted one quite awhile ago....

los
05-30-2012, 07:35 AM
theyre only 600 or so and some go up to 1k whatd does an original lsd tranny go for ?

gtolio
05-30-2012, 07:50 AM
theyre only 600 or so and some go up to 1k whatd does an original lsd tranny go for ?

An LSD isn't something I would take a chance on, ESPECIALLY for a couple hundred bucks savings. What happens when it grenades inside your tranny and you have to take everything apart again and replace other parts which are damaged?

I've heard great things about the Wavetrac. That's probably what I'll end up going with. The design allows it to put power down when you have a wheel off as well http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=145&products_id=3197

If I was going to get a standard helical, it would be the MFactory: http://www.xenocron.com/mfactory-helical-lsd-limited-slip-diff-p-516.html

los
05-30-2012, 08:07 AM
thanks good info imma do some homework first on this cuz your right on the granading ! thanks for the links