PDA

View Full Version : Let's play a game, shall we?

Popeye
05-30-2012, 08:36 AM
So, anyone that knows who I am, I have been having this "problem." No, not the kind that requires medication! lol I have 2 CEL codes, one is an 0341, which is a "cam-phasing" code. When the mechanic looked it up, it said to replace the VTC solenoid. So, I replaced BOTH solenoids (well, more like screens), AND replaced the VTEC solenoid. Yet I still have the code. Now keep in mind that the code didnt show up until after I replaced my exhaust cam. The only other thing I could think of was to check the timing. It's been checked 3 times, with the last time in writing from a mechanic. What in the HELL could it be? If it's a direct replacement cam, I doubt that could be the problem. The car runs perfectly fine, so it's not affecting the driveability. I just don't want the code there, you know? Any suggestions?
The other code is a 1298, which is like a voltage problem or something, but I was told that it's an o2 sensor going bad. But the sorry ass mechanic that changed my cam for me told me that half of the fuse box/panel had to be replaced. And ideas on that as well?

Black04si
05-30-2012, 04:51 PM
i hate that cam phasing code i got it im my ep and dropped the oil pump 3 days later but i think mine was just a one off problem

Popeye
05-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Was it fixed after you replaced the oil pump?
It's confusing as HELL because I have no idea what it could be. If I did, I would fix it.

Popeye
05-31-2012, 07:31 AM
34 views and no one knows what the problem is? AAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! This is confusing the HELL outta me! lol

DericSh
05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Maybe the vtc actuator got messed up during the cam install.. Has your mechanic double checked that the actuator is locked when there is no oil pressure?

DericSh
05-31-2012, 09:22 AM
On the 1298 its not an o2 sensor. He was right about the fuse box.

Popeye
05-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Maybe the vtc actuator got messed up during the cam install.. Has your mechanic double checked that the actuator is locked when there is no oil pressure?

I doubt it. I'm fairly new to these cars, so I don't even know where that is, or how to get to it. I guess I'll have to look into that next.
That sucks about the fusebox. I'm hoping I'll be able to find one from someone on here when I have the money.

Popeye
05-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Wait, that's not the thing on the passenger side of the head, is it? if so, I replaced that. If not, I guess I'll have to...

::edit:: I looked it up, DEFINATELY not what I replaced. Is that something that breaks, or just not installed/adjusted correctly?

whatsvtec
05-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Are your cams galled?

Popeye
05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Are your cams galled?

Nope. The exhaust cam was galled, that's why I replaced it. AFTER it was installed, I had the code.

RHCP0801
05-31-2012, 06:45 PM
for the p0341 if you replaced the vtc solenoid and the code is still there, your next step would be to replace the vtc actuator. It is not common and probably happened during the exhaust cam install.

p1298 you don't need to replace your fuse box, you need to replace your ELD which is a lot cheaper and easier to replace. Here is a picture of it, it's in the fuse box under the hood with a connector underneath you need to disconnect and remove the 40amp and 80amp fuses

http://i49.tinypic.com/nnu23r.png

Draw7Seven
05-31-2012, 10:25 PM
That sucks about the fusebox. I'm hoping I'll be able to find one from someone on here when I have the money.

PM Almost_Fast

He doesn't log on very often but iirc I gave him my old one in a box full of ep shit I didn't need anymore (there was nothing wrong with it, but by the time you buy a new one you go ahead and install it).

AKEP
05-31-2012, 10:57 PM
ELD is P/N 38255-S5A-003 - follow directions above to change it. pretty easy. dont forget to remove the battery terminal first.

Cam phasing code could be either of the cam sensors (driver side) or the VTC gear, since its not the solenoids for sure. double check the plugs? maybe its not plugged in?

Popeye
06-01-2012, 05:43 AM
ELD is P/N 38255-S5A-003 - follow directions above to change it. pretty easy. dont forget to remove the battery terminal first.

Cam phasing code could be either of the cam sensors (driver side) or the VTC gear, since its not the solenoids for sure. double check the plugs? maybe its not plugged in?

Stupid question...where is that stuff? lol The plugs are on the driver's side of the head, right?

Popeye
06-01-2012, 05:45 AM
for the p0341 if you replaced the vtc solenoid and the code is still there, your next step would be to replace the vtc actuator. It is not common and probably happened during the exhaust cam install.

p1298 you don't need to replace your fuse box, you need to replace your ELD which is a lot cheaper and easier to replace. Here is a picture of it, it's in the fuse box under the hood with a connector underneath you need to disconnect and remove the 40amp and 80amp fuses

http://i49.tinypic.com/nnu23r.png

Dude, that reply was gold! haha Where are the 40 and 80 amp fuses? Dumb question...do they need to be replaced as well? Or just remove them to replace the ELD thingie? I ask this without looking under the hood. I'll end up looking regardless in a little while. Need my coffee first!

Draw7Seven
06-01-2012, 09:44 AM
The 40 and 80 are probably those screwed in fuses on the left and right of the ELD in that picture, so you must remove them in order to remove the ELD and replace it. Then just throw them back on.

Popeye
06-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Sweet! I will try that asap!

RHCP0801
06-01-2012, 08:54 PM
so how did it go?

Popeye
06-02-2012, 10:56 AM
It hasnt, yet. I have to order my parts because of where I live. I am waiting on someone to text me with a quote, then I have to PayPal him, then he sends it out. So it'll be at least a week before I can try it.

Popeye
06-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Gonna get the actuator out in the mail soon, hopefully. Im trying to price an ELD right now. Honda Parts Cheap wants $21, but the local dealership, which is an hour and a half away, wants $38. Gonna check one more source.
I will let ya'll know as SOON as I know!

Popeye
06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Well, I took my car to the mechanic to check on the knocking sound I've been having. It looks like it's just the tie rod boots. BUT, the ac leak that I THOUGHT was just a line turned out to be the condensor. So, there goes the price of labor to fix the actuator. I would try to do it myself, but I dont really have the resources. And to ME, the ac is more important than turning off a light. lol The motor is gonna be in there for only a couple more years anyways. I can deal with a little power loss so I can have my ac running. I still may get it fixed, it just wont be SOON.
Stupid car...lol