PDA

View Full Version : HELP..!!! Engine Light on....

iCedrAgOnbOi
06-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Hey guys, i need your help since am not that good with mechanic. I got a Type R 55 reg and the engine light is on, i went to the Honda dealer had it check and they came back saying my throttle body is broken and i needed a new one. Think hard and came up with the money to buy a new one and had someone fix it in for me but the light is still on, but i left it since because no free time and money yet to had it look at. Now that i got some free time and money took it back to Honda Dealer got it check. they took 3 hours of labor which cost me a bit and the check came back with the same problem which is the throttle body but i purchase it not long ago. Anyone know anything or has the same problem please can you help me, it will be very helpful and safe me a lot of money thank you very much.

jwdep3
06-02-2012, 05:11 AM
What codes are you getting?

bluedemonep3
06-02-2012, 08:55 AM
maybe they did a bad job installing it. if it hasn't been too long maybe its still under warranty

ep3k20
06-02-2012, 10:12 AM
It sounds funny to me to hear a TB being "broke" there is not very many parts on them that can render them useless or even broke and i honestly have never heard of them just going out. What exactly is the car doing? is it just the CEL or is the car acting sporadic when idling?

iCedrAgOnbOi
06-13-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't know what code it is and no the warranty is finish already =(

ep3k20 nothing wrong with the car while it running just the engine light is on that all, am just worry so i want it check because better have it work on now than when the car break down because of it. Any ideals anyone? thank you for the advise!!

ep3k20
06-13-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't know what code it is and no the warranty is finish already =(

ep3k20 nothing wrong with the car while it running just the engine light is on that all, am just worry so i want it check because better have it work on now than when the car break down because of it. Any ideals anyone? thank you for the advise!!

Here is my best solution. Go under the hood and pop the fuse top cover and locate the ecu fuse (use diagram under fuse cover top should be a 15 amp) pull it out for about 15 seconds and plug it back in. CEL will now be off and if it does come back on get a obd2 scanner and see what codes it pulls. Most scanners will list the system in questions malfunction so its a good "base" to start off with on finding the issue at hand. Sometimes you can get a random CEL for now good reason the sensor or what have you just had a blip and sent a code. Try it out hope you figure it out let us know your findings

Drunken Yak inc
06-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Your problem doesn't seem very logical... A broken throttle body wouldn't throw a code, unless it being broken was causing the car to run improperly. Try what ep3k20 suggested and/or see if one of your buddies has a scanner you can use to see what code it's throwing.

iCedrAgOnbOi
06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys....i will try that and see what happen, i will let you guys know =D

lil_Eggy
06-20-2012, 04:50 AM
Thanks guys....i will try that and see what happen, i will let you guys know =D

I just got a p1122 code from my car. I'm sure the dealership will say the whole part is bad when it's just the sensor. But you can't buy just the throttle sensor (from honda at least)