PDA

View Full Version : What is this thing on the dashboard?

snubnose
07-21-2002, 02:45 PM
There is something on the Si dashboard I can't identify. It is between the steering column and the HDAC buttons. It has 3 vertical "vents" but it is not a vent.

Any help would be appreciated.

xlr8
07-21-2002, 02:51 PM
i wondered that myself. im glad you started this post. i was going to ask that question a few days ago, but forgot

MagusDC5
07-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Does it look like this?

On the RSX and Civic Hybrid, this is one of the Temprature Sensors for the Automatic Climate Control. Why it would be on the Civic Si would be beyond me.

snubnose
07-21-2002, 03:23 PM
I think that's it, but I'm not sure.

MagusDC5
07-21-2002, 03:28 PM
Read your owners manual, that would tell you what it is.

snubnose
07-21-2002, 03:33 PM
Although it's pictured on p. 56 of the owner's manual, it's not described.

Pradamuimui
07-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Hey Hondatech we could use some help here...what is it??? :)

DrPimpSiR
07-21-2002, 05:51 PM
I wondered like hell myself. All I could come up with is that it's where the warning beep for headlights etc comes from.
It sounds like it comes from there.

SiCivic2k2
07-22-2002, 01:19 AM
I believe it's an air filter. We have some type of air filteration system on our cars. It says something about it in the owners manual.

i-WERKS
07-22-2002, 07:54 AM
the Air filter is behind the glove compartment.
I was wondering what that thing was too.

SiCivic2k2
07-22-2002, 07:57 AM
Maybe the actual filter is behind the glove compartment, but maybe that's where it sucks the air in at? I'm no sure. I'd like to know what it does myself.

FourJays
07-22-2002, 08:48 AM
The little 'vent' near the steering column and the pod on the front dash are temperature sensors for the auto AC that comes in Canadian Sis. It is cheaper for Honda to put them in all cars instead of a different design for USA and Canada.

smapzy
07-22-2002, 08:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the Climate Control Sensor is located inside that vent. When you set your AC temperture, the sensor will keep sample sizing the temperture to ensure it to stay at that level.

MagusDC5
07-22-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by MagusDC5
Does it look like this?

On the RSX and Civic Hybrid, this is one of the Temprature Sensors for the Automatic Climate Control. Why it would be on the Civic Si would be beyond me.

hehe didnt I say that how many posts ago :rolleyes: :D

smapzy
07-22-2002, 10:40 AM
Magus, you own a RSX T-S? How did you like the car? I was planing on buying the RSX T-S, but then the dealer didn't give me a good price so I ended up with a Si...but don't get me wrong, the Si is a nice car, but if I have a chance again....I would get the..... :D anyway, why did you ended up in the ep forum?

MagusDC5
07-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by smapzy
Magus, you own a RSX T-S? How did you like the car? I was planing on buying the RSX T-S, but then the dealer didn't give me a good price so I ended up with a Si...but don't get me wrong, the Si is a nice car, but if I have a chance again....I would get the..... :D anyway, why did you ended up in the ep forum?

When I first looked at the car at the end of last year all my dealer had was a base....when I tested it Ill tell you quite frankly I didnt like it at all. However being on Club RSX seeing pictures of the car just kept egging me on....finally more RSX's came in and the day I went to see if they had S' again an Arctic Blue had just rolled off the truck. The extra power and better interior of the S just helped pound in how much I wanted the car. Needless to say I had to part with my Si. Ive got my Type R spoiler, Valve Cover and Headlights on order...so probably in about a week and a half she'll be looking the way Ive envisioned the car :) ...reason im here is because Ive been an Si enthuiest and knew a whole hell of a lot on the EM1...and im an active participant at 7GCivic. Just another message board Id figure id throw some facts around in :D

A pic of my old EM1 may she rest in peace wherever she is...

smapzy
07-22-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by MagusDC5

A pic of my old EM1 may she rest in peace wherever she is...

Get out the here Magus! stop acting like you miss the car and stuff, You know what, I think whenever you floor your Type-S to 7K, you will say "I'm so glad that I sold that piece of crap..." come, on tell the truth!!! hahahahahaha :D

MagusDC5
07-22-2002, 05:11 PM
eh...the only thing bad about the old Si was that it didnt have torque down low which the K series motor takes care of. Other than that it was gravy.

And the Type S goes to 8k :D