PDA

View Full Version : EP2 UK 4 Lug OEM Braking Upgrades

stephenmcc
06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Hey, I'm From The UK And Drive An EP2 Civic (1.6 SOHC)

This model comes with 4x100 hubs with 262mm discs (I believe this is the same as the Si 4 lug?)

I've been doing a bit of research with OEM calipers and discs and have seen the Acura Legend calipers fit older chassis civics, is this the case with the EP3?

Are there any models of Honda caliper/carrier that bolt straight on? I'm looking to bump up to 282-300mm rotors!

Any Help Is Appreciated!

Popeye
06-05-2012, 06:46 PM
From what I have read about the EP3's, unless you are going to be running on the track, some good oem-type rotors with some good pads will work wonders. Of course tons of people upgrade to stainless steel brake lines, as well as a higher boiling temp brake fluid. As far as pads go, I believe most people on here swear by HAWK pads. Not sure if you can get them over there. Either way, I'm sure you can get SOMETHING good over there! Also, make sure that your calipers are in great working order.

stephenmcc
06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Well to be honest, my calipers are a bit sticky at the minute.

The stock rotors also look pathetic behind my 17's lol

whatsvtec
06-05-2012, 10:20 PM
agreed 2-fold. If you do some reading in the brakes subsection there should be some info on OEM upgrades. Also, check fastbrakes.com, they've got really good stuff. I remember reading about this, and looking into it. But this was years ago now. I'm quite forgetful

Why not just do a 5-lug swap with CTR/ITR parts?

stephenmcc
06-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Cost, I Can't Use CTR/ITR Hubs, As They Use Larger Shafts, Which Means I Have To Use EP2 Sport Hubs (5 Lug With Smaller Shafts)

Unfortunately These Are Harder To Come By, And Also Cost A Bomb When They Come Up.

I Also Want To Keep My Wheels. Got About 4 Sets of 4x100 Wheels lol

Popeye
06-06-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm kinda a believer in keeping it "modified stock" if it's not gonna be raced. Either that or spend the money if you have the extra money in your pocket.

03silverEP
06-25-2012, 12:18 PM
check the fastbrakes site. They specialize in adding larger honda based brakes. You can reverse engineer the kit : source your own calipers and rotors. You'll probably have to buy the adapter brackets from them. Oh, Wilwood has a basic bbk w/4pot calipers for under 600usd.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
06-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Also look into EBC, they have different performance pads for different needs. I had Greenstuff pads with stock rotors and they would lock the tires up if it werent for abs.