PDA

View Full Version : comptech shorty header installation question

acemanic
06-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi,

i got a hold of a comptech shorty header, and would like to install it this weekend, along with a brand new megan 2.25" test pipe! I have the parts here, and i am playing with them to check fitment and so on...and i am panicking now which is why i'm here. i have been reading this forum for a while, and would like to say i am confident of my selection. many guys here use or have used the comptech shorty with their stock cat/exhaust setups, and i haven't seen any threads with problems during installation. So when I tried to put the test pipe together with the header, i can't get it to fit! The comptech header has this piece of metal coming out of the end of it, to make it a "4-2":

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/acemanic/DSCF0063.jpg

but it seems like it's this piece that is not letting it connect to the test pipe flange....it does not fit inside the test pipe diameter. I am pretty sure my test pipe is larger than stock cat anyway, so I want to know if anyone has seen this issue?

Cheers!

talonpunk831
06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Its the megan test pipe. I tryied a stock header/strup header and a megan header(all shortys) and nothing does a complete seal with that test pipe(same as ebay test pipe). I would just use the stock cat pipe to avoid exhaust leaks.

wcmbrk
07-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Funny my exhaust shop had this problem today...so they ended up cutting off the middle piece within the header...after they cut it out...everything bolted on normally...
hope that helps.

Its the megan test pipe. I tryied a stock header/strup header and a megan header(all shortys) and nothing does a complete seal with that test pipe(same as ebay test pipe). I would just use the stock cat pipe to avoid exhaust leaks.