PDA

View Full Version : Help! 6 Codes, P1298, P1166, p0340 and more...

whatsvtec
06-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Right now, after coming home from a local meet, my CEL popped back on. Not that abnormal, I've been running a race header and have gotten a few p0139 codes lately for secondary slow reading. (I assumed due to the angled defouler I have on). BUT! This time, my speedo is not working, my battery light is on, and my EPS light is on...along with the CEL. So I test a quick pull in first when I'm almost home. Definitely lacking in power, but not in limp mode.

My codes that pulled up the first time I read them are as follows.
p0500, p0340, p1298, p1166 and p0138 this time.

I erase the codes and try again.
The CEL pops on as soon as the car is started.
p0340, p1166, p1298 are back again, with a new p0141(sensor 2 heater malfunction)

I have a hunch this may be an ELD issue, or something else electrical related. Does anyone have any input or experience with any or all of these issues?

Cliffnotes:
Recurring p0139, thought it was b/c defouler and RH
CEL, Batt. light, and EPS light on w/p0500, p0340, p1298, p1166 and p0138 codes
Reset, CEL on immediately w/batt light. No EPS light. Codes now are p0340, p1298, p1166 and p0141.

I replaced my primary o2 with an RSX-S Denso over the winter(for added cable slack). Car has run great until now, leading me to believe the primary and secondary o2 sensors aren't an issue right now.

ep3k20
06-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Damn the man. Honesty it does sound electrical to me. Possible something is,shorting out?

whatsvtec
06-10-2012, 06:51 PM
It could be possible. Maybe even a fuse? Cruise control isn't working either.

I also am not running splash guards, (due to being so low) not sure if that could be an issue.
I also washed my car right before the meet. Not sure if water might play a role in this. :mfrown:

ep3k20
06-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Did you spray the engine when you washed it? If cruise isnt working either, something def is shorting out.

On a side-note i actually had a pretty minor short caused from my front bumper turn signal (amber one). Water somehow had gotten into the housing (since its body color i had no idea) and the prongs that plug into the socket assembly rusted out and caused a shit load of wierd problems, headlights shutting off on their own, speedo not working, etc etc. After I tore literally, everything apart looking for a short I found it was the turn signal which is strange that it did not pop a fuse first (only reason i knew there was water in there was because i shook it and heard water splashing around.) My best assumption is start looking for a possible source of a short within the engine bay... maybe when you were "detailing" your ep something got unplugged or something. I'd start there. And remember, the fuse box is NOT water proof. It doesnt take a whole lot to get condensation in that bitch, if that happened you are gonna have issues with poor continuity within the electronics

RHCP0801
06-11-2012, 08:09 AM
it is your alternator fuse that might have blew or the alt itself, same thing happened to me. Your car is only running on battery power which explains why everything is lacking. When my alternator fuse went I had to change my speed sensor and ELD also because they were not working. Check the fuse I believe it is under your steering wheel in that box

You are also going to have to change your battery since you ran that thing to the very end lol

RHCP0801
06-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Double check on where the fuse is by looking at the map on the cover, I don't really remember if it's under the hood or under the steering wheel but I'm 75% sure it's under the wheel. The way mine blew was after I installed my race header (coincidence? lol) When I was hooking up the o2 sensor the wires rubbed on the body causing a short which blew the fuse and the other 300 problems which you are having, double check under the car that no wires are close to the body so it doesn't happen again.

Hope this helps, let me know

whatsvtec
06-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys. Right now I'm not running front sidemarkers, so that is definitely a possibility from getting wet during the wash. As well as the ALT or ALT fuse since I'm not running splash shields. Before I head to the dealership tonight I'll check the alt fuse and any other possible fuses under the dash and hood.

Thanks for the input, anything helps and is definitely appreciated. Will keep you posted! :mfrown:

whatsvtec
06-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks both of you! The input was extremely helpful and it ended up just being a blown ALT fuse. :thumbu: I fixed it after work, and drove all the way home without any lights popping on. I'll update if anything changes, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :mbiggrin:

RHCP0801
06-11-2012, 06:19 PM
no problem man, glad I could help

ep3k20
06-11-2012, 06:37 PM
no problem man, glad I could help

Size queen! Takin all the credit:mconfused:

RHCP0801
06-12-2012, 06:34 AM
well I was right :mcool:

ep3k20
06-12-2012, 07:44 AM
well I was right :mcool:

A broken clock is right two times a day too! Lol

RHCP0801
06-12-2012, 08:26 AM
i said check alt fuse, alt fuse was blown....end of story

ep3k20
06-12-2012, 11:20 AM
i said check alt fuse, alt fuse was blown....end of story

I know just trying to save face

whatsvtec
06-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Blew another fuse today...Time to start looking for a short or ground issue.

RHCP0801
06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
check by your oxygen sensors. Shake the exhaust and see if the wires rub against the body

whatsvtec
06-12-2012, 09:54 PM
check by your oxygen sensors. Shake the exhaust and see if the wires rub against the body

Will do! I hope it's something I can figure out quickly. I'm gonna have a local tuner shop try to diagnose it if they have an extra hour or 2 tomorrow.

whatsvtec
06-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Welp!The Polished Turd went into the dealership today for electrical diagnostic. I don't have enough time to get the thing on a lift, so I though It'd be easier to have them do it. I hope it's something quick/cheap. If they can't diag. it in 2-3 hours, then I'm taking it home, and better not have to pay for more than an hour.

Sucks, I forgot to tell them not to wash... :mrolleyes: they better not touch it... It was bad enough the service writer decided to lean on my car when jotting down the VIN... Really? That lazy? :mmad: Let me get you a wheelchair...asshole.

Popeye
08-13-2012, 05:50 AM
What happened with it?