PDA

View Full Version : ACJ-Anti Carjack

Suk02Si
01-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Anti Carjack (http://www.jspecjdm.net/acj.htm)

pretty cool but must get annoying after awhile having to disarm everytime you wanna drive.

cbecker333
01-08-2003, 06:56 AM
From another thread:

Originally posted by Suk02Si

High?

I had to post on this:

i-WERKS
01-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Clifford has something like that called BlackJack.
I have it in my alarm system but I don't use it.
Basically how it works is if the door is opened while your foot is on the brake, it activates this feature and the car automatically shuts off after 30 Seconds and activates the sirens. This is so the car jacker can drive away from you before the car shuts off so you're safe. Kinda stupid in my opinion. You have to punch in the code in order for the car to keep running.

ssvr6
01-08-2003, 07:16 AM
How often do you open the door when the car is running? Maybe if your windows just got tinted or are broken and you have to pay a toll..

Other than that, I can't think of one.

Steve

i-WERKS
01-08-2003, 11:18 AM
true but if you activate this feature, you have to punch in the code before starting your car too.

Suk02Si
01-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
From another thread:

I had to post on this:
hahahah, yeah I saw that somewhere else, pretty funny

And this alarm doesn't need a code, just a push button. Not as much hassle but still a bit of a pain to deal with.

gpt
01-08-2003, 02:22 PM
This used to be almost standard where i grew up (in South Africa). problem is the carjackers would then steal the car with you in it and if the car stopped they would hold a gun to your head and tell you to enter to code (or press a hidden button etc.) The next advance is satellite tracking - you can't get most new cars insured in South Africa unless you have satellite tracking. They can also remotely immobilise the car etc etc.

I once broke down in my cousins car because I didn't know the code and opened the door with the engine running!:D