PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get the dc5 to ep3 header extension?

talonpunk831
06-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi guys, a buddy of mine is gonna give me a dc5 strub race header. I know it will fit if i have one of those dc5 to ep3 header extensions that you get with most race headers now a days, but does anybody know where i can just buy it solo? I know i can take it to a muffler shop and get it done, but id rather just order one online cuz i work terrible hours and id have to take time off work to go to a shop! Ive seen them befor on line but ddddddddddddddddamn i cant find it now!

whatsvtec
06-14-2012, 05:08 AM
DC5 header? With ep3 exhaust? You need to take exhaust off, not add more.

Powers
06-14-2012, 08:38 AM
I think hes talking about a testpipe?

gtolio
06-14-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't think he is. whatsvtec hit the nail on the head.

ep3moschini
06-14-2012, 11:34 AM
just buy a Type-S or Type-R midpipe, you can find them online for like $50.00 then its all bolt in and no hacking to make things work.

talonpunk831
06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
I have an ep3, I got a dc5 race header. I need the header extention piece so it will fit, can u dig? Its like 3 inches long

ep3moschini
06-14-2012, 04:38 PM
I have an ep3, I got a dc5 race header. I need the header extention piece so it will fit, can u dig? Its like 3 inches long

Like I said before, Get a type-S or type-R midpipe and you will be all set

whatsvtec
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
First off, are you talking about a Race Header? Second, what brand header is it. Third, what brand exhaust is it?

The DC5 header/cat is longer than the EP3 spec header/cat. (race header deletes the cat, and is in place of both OEM pieces)

You will actually have to cut off 2-3" of exhaust and re-weld the flange to fit. Unless your header didn't come with the B-Pipe section, in which case you'll just have to get one made, or talk to the manufacturer of your header to get an ep3 spec B-pipe/test pipe section.

Send some pics of the header and I'll be able to know better what you need.

RedSiBaron
06-14-2012, 04:40 PM
listen to ep3moschini he's had more headers on an ep3 than most...

whatsvtec
06-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Like I said before, Get a type-S or type-R midpipe and you will be all set

The only thing that worries me is that he may have an aftermarket exhaust that is not OEM fitment. The OP hasn't told us what EP3 spec exhaust he has. I figure it's only safe to assume the whole catback length is "ep3 spec" correct? Not the midpipe/axleback separately.

ep3moschini
06-14-2012, 05:13 PM
The only thing that worries me is that he may have an aftermarket exhaust that is not OEM fitment. The OP hasn't told us what EP3 spec exhaust he has. I figure it's only safe to assume the whole catback length is "ep3 spec" correct? Not the midpipe/axleback separately.

Tuche, Id imagine he has some hoge-poge "custom" exhaust that does not line up with anything then its all bollok

talonpunk831
06-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Sorry, i shoulda been more discriptive. Its a DC race header for a dc5. Here is a pic of what im talking about(its not the dc header, but it shows you what i mean) Now i could be wrong, but on the dc5 the header connects to the cat back exhaust with 2 bolts like how this header is without the mid pipe? And on the ep3 it connects with 3 bolts. So im asking where can i buy this adapter piece so it will bolt up to my exhaust. And i do have an aftermarket exhaust, a dc exhaust, and it has a 3 bolt connection to my cat pipe.
http://i46.tinypic.com/in4i0p.jpg

whatsvtec
06-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Hack It up!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2