PDA

View Full Version : 6 speed swap check engine light question

maribou912
06-14-2012, 12:08 AM
hey guys so i have a chance to pickup an 03 type s tranny and ive been doing my research but i cant seem to find an answer to my last question. i know that the reverse lockout isnt really needed, so you just leave the sensor unplugged, so my question is will leaving this sensor unplugged set off a check engine light? i really wanna do this but i dont really feel like failing the ca. smog checks cause my tranny is throwing a light. thanks in advance.

maribou912
06-14-2012, 12:54 PM
bump

lil_Eggy
06-15-2012, 04:50 AM
hey guys so i have a chance to pickup an 03 type s tranny and ive been doing my research but i cant seem to find an answer to my last question. i know that the reverse lockout isnt really needed, so you just leave the sensor unplugged, so my question is will leaving this sensor unplugged set off a check engine light? i really wanna do this but i dont really feel like failing the ca. smog checks cause my tranny is throwing a light. thanks in advance.

No it won't. I left it unplugged as well. I have an '02 ep3 with a type s tranny and no transmission CEL.

maribou912
06-16-2012, 02:09 AM
awesome thanks