PDA

View Full Version : DC5R front sway bar hits header what other option

o2ep3
06-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Ok i started bolting up my new setup and now that im running the aluminum front lca i needed to run the dc5r front sway bar for the width. My problem now is this bar hits my header. I was running the em front bar before and it was ok but i cant use that bar with the new lca. Does anyone know if someone makes front sway that goes straight across the bottom of the car. Or another header for the DC5R that is smaller or that will clear my skunk2 header.

MugenReplica
06-14-2012, 09:46 AM
How much does it hit the sway? My SSR header just barely hits my sway under low rev acceleration (under 1500rpms) and doesn't hit while under acceleration or at a standstill. I know there are a couple of sways that do not hit, but I gotta track them down. If I remember correctly, the JDM Mugen is 24.X and is small as is the Ultra Racing, but I'm not 100% positive off the top of my head.

o2ep3
06-14-2012, 10:09 AM
My arm only goes down a little bit before it hits header

ep3moschini
06-14-2012, 11:12 AM
sell the skunk2 header, buy a K20a header and make more power and pocket money

o2ep3
06-14-2012, 11:24 AM
I like this header and plan on keeping it.

ep3moschini
06-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I like this header and plan on keeping it.

ok, just giving you a suggestion as to what will work. just beat it with a hammer then the sway bar will clear it

Zzyzx
06-14-2012, 03:56 PM
the obvious answer would be to remove the front bar outright and re-tune the rest of the suspension around that.

o2ep3
06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
i found a shop that said he can modify the stock dc5 bar to work. i think im gunna try that if i cant find another front bar.

ep3moschini
06-14-2012, 05:17 PM
i found a shop that said he can modify the stock dc5 bar to work. i think im gunna try that if i cant find another front bar.

:wacko: bad idea

o2ep3
06-14-2012, 05:27 PM
yeah im thinking that as well. i just emailed skunk2 and asked why there header wont work with oem parts.

ep3moschini
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
yeah im thinking that as well. i just emailed skunk2 and asked why there header wont work with oem parts.

not an invalid question, but they did design it for a USDM model, so your email is also pointless because it was not made for the DC5R LCA's and Swaybar. My best suggestion is to replace the header with one that will be compatible with your suspension. try to outweight the pro's and con's of each part. The Skunk2 header will net you less gains than the suspension

o2ep3
06-15-2012, 09:44 AM
not an invalid question, but they did design it for a USDM model, so your email is also pointless because it was not made for the DC5R LCA's and Swaybar. My best suggestion is to replace the header with one that will be compatible with your suspension. try to outweight the pro's and con's of each part. The Skunk2 header will net you less gains than the suspension

Thats true i am waiting for a price on a jdm header. Id rather it funtion than the few hp. It sucks cause i really like this header and wanted to see it perform on my build but oh well im more interested on see the car on the track.

ep3moschini
06-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Thats true i am waiting for a price on a jdm header. Id rather it funtion than the few hp. It sucks cause i really like this header and wanted to see it perform on my build but oh well im more interested on see the car on the track.

you will not loose any power going to a JDM K20a manifold, It was designed by honda for the k-series. It will out flow the skunk2 header, it will probably net you more power.

o2ep3
06-15-2012, 12:44 PM
you will not loose any power going to a JDM K20a manifold, It was designed by honda for the k-series. It will out flow the skunk2 header, it will probably net you more power.

You think so. I heard good things with the jdm header but out of all my exhaust and headers i have run i feel this is has performed very well and my favorite setup yet.

ep3moschini
06-15-2012, 12:59 PM
You think so. I heard good things with the jdm header but out of all my exhaust and headers i have run i feel this is has performed very well and my favorite setup yet.

I am just giving you fact's I have been playing with the Honda K-series motor since they were introduced, you could take my information and do what you will. Im not trying to force anything on you but rather help you out. You may feel its powerfull but what facts do you have aside from your bottom

Twisted-X
10-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Geez, sorry to bring this back from the dead but I've got some questions. I am considering running a similar setup (type r LCA's with sway, Skunk 2 header) only with a K24 that'll possibly be boosted in the future . Is the header definitely not going to work? Doesn't the S2 have bigger primaries (good for boost) or would the type r manifold be better?
TIA

o2ep3
10-20-2012, 03:50 PM
i am running the corsport endlinks and it clears fine. it is real close but i havnt had a issue with any rubbing or hitting the front sway. i had a em 15mm front sway on it before with the sk2 header and no prob but if u go jdm arms you need the dc5r front sway so i would ditch the oem endlinks and it should be fine.