PDA

View Full Version : More XLR8 pics!!!

Idonthaveahatch
07-21-2002, 03:18 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/pf4ddfd6d12b0b4e264f298478ec8887b/fd81bbfa.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p219e4c6a35352d9108b63ea467773788/fd81bbec.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/pd64962fed3f1aba8835aff8d00e940c5/fd77fd61.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p2332d46061b048d6a86b7a1597fd542f/fd77fd5b.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p389184b8b35cdaef55885141276b708c/fd77fd59.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/pf015d8efe136bee81973addc42b3c6ca/fd77fd55.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p6c85969225b983ca5860bd4bcd6bef20/fd77fd53.jpg

Updated

Idonthaveahatch
07-21-2002, 03:30 PM
And one more
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p5fefcb1c4c8f6736a3cacbc5b8e1a7e8/fd81bbe5.jpg

02si
07-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Oh shit
You Punk Ass Muthafucka

Take that all positive.
YOu are running this sh**.

Can you tell me about the rims and drop
I always new the 02 would sicken things more thatn anything before
but Da***
I don't care if you have the si or plan on up grading to the Type r things are looking up from here.

02TafWhtSi
07-21-2002, 07:56 PM
such, such a sweet ride. No wonder you are ride of the month. I can't stop looking at those wheels! Good luck with it XLR8.

RacingCivicSi02
07-22-2002, 01:36 PM
Very nice. Ill trade u cars. plz

02si
07-22-2002, 03:05 PM
You know I am dare I say sure that I like the xlr8 si better than the type r.

Derlin hoffen
cough cough

The sickness

xlr8
come on and reply about your rims (the weight performance)
and your drop.

xlr8
07-22-2002, 03:27 PM
h&r springs, 17x7.5 volk racing se37k's 14.3 pounds claimed weight(realy 15.6) and 215/40 toyo t1s tires. thanks for all the compliments. and thanks tony for posting them

02si
07-22-2002, 05:39 PM
koni yelows ride like a tank through potholes
transmit lots of road harshness

how are your stock shocks riding
do they seem over stressed

I don't know our stock wheel weights but I would think they are probably very close to 15 pounds

what are your acceleration/deceleration impressions.

I think stylisticly you're done
Your ride is that impressive

and keep contributing those pics

we need good leadership!

xlr8
07-22-2002, 06:06 PM
i think these wheels added very much to the performance. after i got my h&r springs and the mugen rear sway bar the stock tires were flexing in hard cormering. i think the car rides better on my 17s then on my stockers. thats for the compliments, but im far from done. im painting my headlights as im talikng to you. i think the stock shocks are holding up very well. ive never had konis, but ive heard a few complaints so i wasnt quick to buy some. im waiting for hks exhaust right now and a dc header after that i think my wallet will need a break for a while

02si
07-23-2002, 04:24 PM
I am leasing my car
So I'd have to break the lease to paint the head lights
but this car has alot of value for the dough
I think I should probably try to keep it.
Mine is silver so Those se37's in gunmettal
and Blackhousing headlights with the drop would be
dare I say it
So sick
Oh btw
we need more pics!

xlr8
07-23-2002, 07:47 PM
thanks alot. ill try to post pics of my headlights as soon as i get a hold of my friends digi cam. i dont think the se37s come in gunmetal, but they do come in black. if your leasing your car then you cant paint your headlights, but you could swap them for either the jdm wersion or wait until the aftermarket makes some. if anyone is going to paint your headlights, follow down's how to its realy good

TezGari
07-23-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by xlr8
i think these wheels added very much to the performance. after i got my h&r springs and the mugen rear sway bar the stock tires were flexing in hard cormering. i think the car rides better on my 17s then on my stockers. thats for the compliments, but im far from done. im painting my headlights as im talikng to you. i think the stock shocks are holding up very well. ive never had konis, but ive heard a few complaints so i wasnt quick to buy some. im waiting for hks exhaust right now and a dc header after that i think my wallet will need a break for a while

I love your rims..

Price? Where u get em from? I like em, i have a white Si too. Where did u order your parts from? tell me!

nice car;)

civic hatch boi
07-24-2002, 01:08 AM
although the stock shocks are keeping up very well.. won't they blow soon? i wanna get h&r's too but people say i should wait til i have money for springs and shocks.. i dunno

xlr8
07-24-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
although the stock shocks are keeping up very well.. won't they blow soon? i wanna get h&r's too but people say i should wait til i have money for springs and shocks.. i dunno
i was told by the shop i got them and my wheels from that the small drop on factory performance shocks should be no problem. they are all into autocrossing so i think they know alittle bit about suspension. also they know if they would have told me i needed some shocks they would have gotten more money from me. so i trust their judgement. i bought the rims and tires from big bear tire in oconomowoc. its the only dealer of volk racing in the midwest and local to me. hehe. i bought my springs, rims and tires ther. i bought my aem from tornactive.com, and my rear sway bar i got from kingmotorsports(also local to me)

Idonthaveahatch
07-30-2002, 08:29 AM
Updated

JDM Whore
07-30-2002, 04:21 PM
1st of all SWEET RIDE!! how low of a drop is that? H&R's are supposed to be around 1.5-2 inch drop right? For some reason, your drop looks lower. Anyway sexy ride, keep up the good work!

xlr8
07-30-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by JDM Whore
1st of all SWEET RIDE!! how low of a drop is that? H&R's are supposed to be around 1.5-2 inch drop right? For some reason, your drop looks lower. Anyway sexy ride, keep up the good work!
im not sure what the drop realy was. i was told it was 1.3 before i bought them, but i think it looks like 1.75

02si
07-31-2002, 12:08 PM
I think pic number two is the classic
Any and all should take pointers from the visual execution

Those new ones are a bit dark so I can't really see them so good.
thanks anyway

CleanBlackSi02
09-28-2002, 01:39 PM
Do you have any more pics from the side that you haven't already posted on ephatch? I'm getting different springs/coilovers, and you have the wheel/tire sizing I'm going with. Some of the pics seem to have more wheel gap that others, so it's hard to tell. It looks great from far away in those pics, but when it's closer it looks taller (especially in the front). I guess my main question is, is the wheel gap less than the thickness of the 40 series tire? Also, what's the model # on those springs? Are they for the Si, or 2001+ Civics?

CgSi
09-28-2002, 01:56 PM
What grill is that ?

CleanBlackSi02
09-28-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by CgSi
What grill is that ?

He just removed the 'H'.

FiZZ-EP3
09-28-2002, 02:21 PM
decent, but not on my level ;) :p :D

fishboy
09-28-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by FiZZ-EP3

you are so gay.

CleanBlackSi02
09-28-2002, 03:03 PM

What's that supposed to mean?

02blksi
09-28-2002, 03:27 PM
so what did you run at the track?? im assuming those pcitures were taken after you ran. etc.--??joe

xlr8
09-28-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
Do you have any more pics from the side that you haven't already posted on ephatch? I'm getting different springs/coilovers, and you have the wheel/tire sizing I'm going with. Some of the pics seem to have more wheel gap that others, so it's hard to tell. It looks great from far away in those pics, but when it's closer it looks taller (especially in the front). I guess my main question is, is the wheel gap less than the thickness of the 40 series tire? Also, what's the model # on those springs? Are they for the Si, or 2001+ Civics?
those are all my pics to date. i just was outside with a tape messure, and it looks like about 1/2-3/4 inch front gap, 3/4-1 inch rear. the springs are for a coupe, i just recently heard that the coupe springs arent for the hatch. im going to get coilovers eventually anyway.

fizz- sorry my car isnt at your level, maybe someday. can i see pics of your car. i want to do more, but no $$$

02blksi- i ran a 15.9 that time out, my best to date is a 15.86

FiZZ-EP3
09-28-2002, 05:50 PM
xlr8-nothing against you, but like i said, straight up, your car isn't on my level. end of story! pics will be available VERY soon;)

as for fishboy, call me a fag now, but once you see my car, you won't be talkin no more shit-I GUARANTEE that! i think you'll be the fag when the day comes when I post pics of my EP3...damn, you're gonna be eating your words and saying "shit, he really isn't on his level". hahaha..i can't wait...VERY SOON!;) :p

DownTheHatch
09-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Good job on the headlights! And thanks for recycling the thread.

2fastcivic
09-28-2002, 09:00 PM
xlr8-nothing against you, but like i said, straight up, your car isn't on my level. end of story! pics will be available VERY soon;)

as for fishboy, call me a fag now, but once you see my car, you won't be talkin no more shit-I GUARANTEE that! i think you'll be the fag when the day comes when I post pics of my EP3...damn, you're gonna be eating your words and saying "shit, he really isn't on his level". hahaha..i can't wait...VERY SOON!;) :p

he never said his car was on "your level". whats your deal man? all he did was ask for pics of your car. just b/c you got the hookup from fizzmotorsports doesnt mean that you're the best. im not doubting you or your car. maybe you do have a nice ride but just chill alittle.

todaCspec
09-29-2002, 08:04 AM

i think the people's at FIZZ got you gased, time a for a reality check! a dropped silver EP w/17" volkracing GT-P's is not going to cut it. lol!:D

FiZZ-EP3
09-29-2002, 04:24 PM
bro, i'm not gonna even stoop to your level. all i gotta say is: why pull over, OUT OF TRAFFIC, and park on the curb to look at my EP3 if there's nothing so special about it:p and damn, you were practically out your passenger window to try and get a good look at my ride. Volks and Teins hehe...what you got?? i'm getting some more stuff VERY SOON! i want some competition, and you're not;)

Fizz Autosports
09-29-2002, 04:46 PM
Toda i think you missed the part in Fizz-Ep3's post that said

coming VERY soon. :)

odyessy SI
09-29-2002, 04:59 PM
xlr8 i got a white ep too nice job on ur car. so u painted ur headlights black right? i was wondering if u thought about painting it white cuz dats what i'm thinking of doing...any opinions on a white ep with with headlight housing?

02blksi
09-29-2002, 05:13 PM
fizz what is the crazy top secret ep that you have? when are you going to be having your release party? LOL seriously though when are the pics going to be available for your car? If you car doesnt have twin turbos, quad NOSSSSS bottles, 30 inch rims and wings then it wont live up to the hype that is surrounding it right now :) --joe

FiZZ-EP3
09-29-2002, 05:19 PM
Joe, D-day is Oct. 12th...stay tuned. and yeah, it's gotta be top secret. don't worry, i won't disappoint;)

todaCspec
09-29-2002, 05:30 PM
bro, i'm not gonna even stoop to your level. all i gotta say is: why pull over, OUT OF TRAFFIC, and park on the curb to look at my EP3 if there's nothing so special about it:p and damn, you were practically out your passenger window to try and get a good look at my ride. Volks and Teins hehe...what you got?? i'm getting some more stuff VERY SOON! i want some competition, and you're not;)

my level? just trying to shine some light to our fellow EP owners here. calm yourself, i've been hooking up four bangers when you were still in diapers.
who the fug would swerve in and out of traffic just to see your EP? are you sure it's me? lol!
what i got? a nice flatbed............:p

CleanBlackSi02
09-29-2002, 05:38 PM

You're comin' in here with a lot of arrogance recently.

xlr8
09-29-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by odyessy SI
xlr8 i got a white ep too nice job on ur car. so u painted ur headlights black right? i was wondering if u thought about painting it white cuz dats what i'm thinking of doing...any opinions on a white ep with with headlight housing?
i realy like the black housing, even more then the real ctr lights. if you like the white go for it rocket_civic did his in white. i havent seen his car in person since he did it, but the pics look pretty good

FiZZ-EP3
09-29-2002, 05:53 PM
ok, i'm not full of arrogance. here's the deal, and i'm gonna be dead honest: xlr8 has a nice hatch, ok. BUT, when people start drooling and going crazy over a stock Si with Volk rims, I'm sorry, but it's not so special to me. Oh, and a few extra things like springs, sway bar etc. It's not the worst, but it's certainly not the best EP i've seen. did i write in my first post "it's ugly as shit, why'd you put those rims on etc etc?" i simply said it was decent, but not on my level, and you'll all agree when you see my EP3 VERY soon. end of story. it's a nice Si, but nothing MAJOR...my opinion. the drooling will start when i post my pics, and like i said in my previous post, nobody will be disappointed. see, what you guys don't know is that Fizz is TOPS in NYC for all JDM parts and they have the best rides out...winners of best club at Import Revolution and they only had 5 cars enter and thats just to mention 1 show. Do you think they would want a stock Si repping their shop? obviously, i must have a nice EP3 for them to let me rep them, and I'm very grateful for it. So, just wait a little bit more for my pics, and I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on my EP3:cool: Thank you, and thats the end of this thread for me.
As for Toda, you're old news with your black stock Si.:D

FiZZ-EP3
09-29-2002, 06:06 PM
BTW, I'm not the person who started this thread...it's for people's comments on XLR8's Si, so if you have any comments for me, keep them to yourself, and post what you think about this white Si with Volk SE-37K's. Thanks

TezGari
09-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Yo,

xlr8,

1.sweet ride.
2.Rims- cost?
3.sweet ride.
4.Rims-easy to maintain?

xlr8
09-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by trinispeed
Yo,

xlr8,

1.sweet ride.
2.Rims- cost?
3.sweet ride.
4.Rims-easy to maintain?

1.thanks
2.$2500 rims and tires
3. thanks again
4.thats why i got a dark color. i just wash them with the car and good as new

2fastcivic
09-29-2002, 07:25 PM
xlr8, how do you like the 215/40/17 tires. hows the handling with that size? i was thinking of using the same size when i get my 17s.

todaCspec
09-30-2002, 05:58 AM
actually what i saw was a big blob of silver. honestly, i don't think that was the best way to dump 3g's . any shop will sponsor you,just as long as you spend money. beside it shouldn't be too hard considering these are new rides/body shape.
I think your really missing the point here, but i guess to each his own, you conceited biatch!
can't we all just get along?

xlr8,
great choice on color theme, white and bronze definetly stands out in a crowd. also great choice on LightWeight wheels, no sense in spending money on heavy wheels.;)

rocket_civic
09-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Looks better than mine, dammit.

TEKBRAIN
09-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Joe, D-day is Oct. 12th...stay tuned. and yeah, it's gotta be top secret. don't worry, i won't disappoint;)

October 12th (http://www.getawayinstockholm.com/)

xlr8
10-15-2002, 06:05 PM
i was disappointed. all the hype about YOUR LEVEL and all i thought the car would have been done. i think its nice and all, but id say we are about on the same level

CleanBlackSi02
10-15-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by xlr8

i was disappointed. all the hype about YOUR LEVEL and all i thought the car would have been done. i think its nice and all, but id say we are about on the same level
I'm with you man...it's not THAT great. With as much as he spent on that JDM kit and so-so looking Volks, imagine what he could have done.

todaCspec
10-16-2002, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02

I'm with you man...it's not THAT great. With as much as he spent on that JDM kit and so-so looking Volks, imagine what he could have done.

very true, my friend!