PDA

View Full Version : what is needed to super charge?

HOTTPISS
06-15-2012, 12:20 PM
I was just looking into Buying a JRSC and was wondering is the kit they sell on their website is all i would need. A buddy of mine mentioned i would need to get a different fuel pump? I'm very new to super charging, i thought that new cams would be needed, and injectors. I already have just basic mods CAI and cat back, looking to put new headers and test pipe on this summer. I guess I'm just curious as to what else i would need to be able to run the JRSC? (also i know you can order it with Kpro but that would be included in the JRSC kit.)

Any information would be helpful even if its just a link to a thread.

thanks ^_^

mitchlikesbikes
06-15-2012, 12:22 PM
everyone on here will tell you not to even bother with a supercharger. but if you really wanna do it there's an entire section of the forum dedicated to superchargers.

ep3moschini
06-15-2012, 12:24 PM
if you want to have fun and don't expect gobb's of horsepower, GET ONE

super fun to drive, and they add that extral little push they car doen't come with factory, and is absolutely reliable

HOTTPISS
06-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah thats what i want something that is fast enough and fun, and most importantly reliable as i will probly be using is as my daily driver untill i can get another car.

if you want to have fun and don't expect gobb's of horsepower, GET ONE

super fun to drive, and they add that extral little push they car doen't come with factory, and is absolutely reliable

HOTTPISS
06-15-2012, 01:29 PM
would most recomend turbo then? or should i just stay with what i have? i dont need it to be super fast just fun to drive. not trying to build a track car here. lol. ;)

everyone on here will tell you not to even bother with a supercharger. but if you really wanna do it there's an entire section of the forum dedicated to superchargers.

blueandgoldep3
06-15-2012, 03:06 PM
im looking to charge as well... ive been doing my research and basically the race kit from jr is the way to go ... it comes with everything you need to charge and its basically plug and play... and then you can continue to mod with cams and such because the race kit comes with kpro so youll be able to tune it as you continue to mod the motor if you but the street kit it doesnt come with a retuneable ecu so youll be stuck until you get a kpro... people say you dont get alot of horsepower out of them but ive seen dyno sheets where the jrsc is pushing 240whp and in a car as light as ours thats plenty for me :) but if your looking for more then that turbo would be the way to go... im also investigating a 12lb pulley ive heard about that with the right tune should make close to 275-300whp ... which is about as far as id push an a3

superchargedk20
06-15-2012, 06:39 PM
To acheive 240 ur gona need more than than just the race kit and boltons. And our cars aren't light

infanterene
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
My car already has Kpro, headers, A2 swap and cams. What kind of gains can I expect with a race kit?

lbk02si
06-18-2012, 10:04 PM
fairy dust... yup thats what you'll need to supercharge!

differentK
06-19-2012, 05:48 AM
a bolt on (I,H,E) k20a3 with the race kit (w/ kpro) would probably hit 210ish whp at around 8-9psi. if you max out the blower with a smaller pulley combo, maybe you will make 230ish whp at around 12-13psi. if you want more- you will need to add meth injection or nitrous. i wouldnt toss cams into the equation- most guys will tell you that aftermarket cams actually lost them performance with the charger.

sleepy ep3
06-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Rotrex supercharger. Nuff said. 300hp easy

Her-Name's-Ally
06-20-2012, 12:06 PM
if you get the jrsc-r I am most certain you need a race header. from what I heard can't solidify it. If its going to be your DD RH = not passing emissions

Blah1219
06-20-2012, 01:39 PM
K24

lemonhead228
06-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Lol this thread got hijacked in all kinds of ways lol

sleepy ep3
06-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Money.