PDA

View Full Version : Okay this is driving me nutz! (Opinions Please)

SiR Medic
01-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Why do so many people start threads titled: "YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE" only to get all in a tizzy when people actually give their opinions.

If someone wants to do this, that, or the other thing to their car, THATS FINE. If they want to use this board as a sounding board to get peoples opinion... THAT'S GREAT!

However... don't get mad when someone's opinion disagrees with your own. I'm not talking about sensless flaming(ie. "you are/those are ghey") I'm talking about valid opinions with reasoning(ie. "I prefer the stock look of our tail lights over those Altezzas")

Remember the wise Proverb: "Opinions are like a$$holes... Everybody has one and most of them stink."

So please... Don't ask for opinions if you don't really want them

So... Anybody else have an opinion on this?
:D

jaydub
01-08-2003, 10:12 AM
I agree completely. When you're posting something on a forum, you're opening yourself up to a thousand different people with different opinions, and they're all going to express them. I know I'm one person who never holds my opinion back, just because it isn't the same as the one everyone else has. :o

silver ep
01-08-2003, 10:14 AM
People are begging for to be accepted and they feel ashamed and upset when others dont share their viewpoint. :D

Hummm maybe thats just me :confused: :D

ssvr6
01-08-2003, 10:32 AM
That's why I don't mess with threads where the starter opened his own can of worms. (I finally closed the one thread about the White EP with red tribal graphics only because it was old.)

From now on, if you ask for opinions and are overwhelmed with a 100 "it sucks". Don't get pissed, you asked for it.

If name calling ensues, the thread will be locked as usual.

"So it written, so it is done."

Steve

jaydub
01-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Can we still make fun of TrippZ though? :D

ssvr6
01-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
Can we still make fun of TrippZ though? :D

I'm not a barbarian....of course we can!

;)

j/k Trippz, it's all in good fun.

Steve

todaCspec
01-08-2003, 11:26 AM
don't ask if you can't accept negative feedback, that's the bottom line.

side note: pride is very important, you have to defend yourself! just give negative comments in a good way, is that possible?

atl-si
01-08-2003, 12:34 PM
My opinion on this thread is that it sucks!! J/K:D

Yep, as they say or has been said "Don't open up a can of whup @$$, I mean worms."

cbecker333
01-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6

j/k Trippz, it's all in good fun.

Trippz always takes his beating like a man. You have to respect that.

SiR Medic
01-08-2003, 12:58 PM
:D LMFAO!

Can we still make fun of TrippZ though?

I'm not a barbarian....of course we can!

What would this forum be if Trippz wasn't around to make fun of?:D

C'mon guys you gotta admit: Any thread with even the mention of Trippz is usually good for a laugh!

YOU DA MAN TRIPPZ!
(I hope he doesn't use that as his new sig!:o )

Gasp23
01-08-2003, 02:47 PM
Something I learned rather quickly in life is that if you ask for opinions on something you'll never please anyone, specialy yourself.

Make your own choices and decisions. And if you ask for opinions learn to listen and see all the different points of view, don't try to enforce your point of view on everyone.

TrippZ
01-08-2003, 03:17 PM
I knew one of the many forums I particapate in would eventually make me the Board-Slut...

oh well..

TrippZ
01-08-2003, 03:18 PM
and thank you to everyone. I love my job as Board-Slut.

TrippZ
01-08-2003, 03:33 PM
;p new title 4 me