PDA

View Full Version : Help with new koyo radiator.

02_epdriver
06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Hey guys i just ordered a beauty koyo radiator. Im trying find out what radiator caps i can use with it. Im currently using a mugen cap, some say i can and cant use it. Any advice on a good fan to use with it as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

ep3moschini
06-18-2012, 04:19 PM
use the cap that it comes with

talonpunk831
06-18-2012, 05:04 PM
It should come with a cap right?

lbk02si
06-18-2012, 08:02 PM
use a fan that blows

tinman5
06-18-2012, 09:14 PM
The Mishimoto I purchased came with a high pressure cap. For some reason or other the Greddy cap on my stock radiator would not fit on the new radiator.

As for the fans, the stock fans are more than adequate. You would be better served by making sure there are no gaps around the radiator and front end. By that I mean that you want to ensure as much air from the nose (grille and bumper openings) passes through the radiators core. This can generally be done with some creative use of sheet metal (galvanized and tin are cheaper, but aluminum is so much easier to work with). I would really not mess with the fans unless there was a failure, but even then, I would still go with a stock replacement.

If anything, I would bypass the stock fan switch in favor of an adjustable thermostatic switch and a proper water temperature gauge.

02_epdriver
06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Ok. Wasnt sure if it came with a cap or not. So fans dont matter as long as they blow.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

lbk02si
06-18-2012, 10:01 PM
meh...fuck all that, just get a fan that blows!

usedep3
06-18-2012, 10:06 PM
The koyo does not come with a cap. You need to use a koyo rad cap. You can get away with a oem/mugen cap with a little shaving.

The koyo rad keeps all of the factory mounting locations. I used my oem fans/brackets/etc.

02_epdriver
06-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Stoked that the new radiator comes in today. I've always used stock replacements with all my hondas.

tinman5
06-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I dont know if you received my PM, on my side its not showing a response sent.
Hayden 3647 or 3651 would be my suggestion. You can google the specs on the two. I prefer the one with the radiator probe myself. Its an easier, cleaner install and that is what I am running on the 240. Going on about four years with no issues whatsoever.

02_epdriver
06-21-2012, 11:37 PM
I dont know if you received my PM, on my side its not showing a response sent.
Hayden 3647 or 3651 would be my suggestion. You can google the specs on the two. I prefer the one with the radiator probe myself. Its an easier, cleaner install and that is what I am running on the 240. Going on about four years with no issues whatsoever.

I did, I will look into these. I appreciate your help and will give you an update or fire any questions if I have any. I one of my jobs late so I'm just getting your response now. I had a piece like the 3647 in the past as far as the coolant inlet that you place between the radiator hoses. It was a buddy club piece.