PDA

View Full Version : megan racing coilovers loose

ilovejdmhoes
06-18-2012, 10:12 PM
anybody else have a problem with the bottom locking perch being loose...my front driver side height will increase in time while i drive..jack the car up and tighthen that shit..seems to be fine and 2 weeks goes by that shit is loose again..

ep3moschini
06-19-2012, 05:07 AM
Quality product lol

In this case I can say, you get what you pay for. All I can suggest is a tap with a hammer and drift to set it DO NOT USE Loctite

ilovejdmhoes
06-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Quality product lol

In this case I can say, you get what you pay for. All I can suggest is a tap with a hammer and drift to set it DO NOT USE Loctite

I had them on my 180sx and they were perfectly fine....I think it's just the way our front suspension is design McPherson struct

ep3moschini
06-19-2012, 07:46 AM
I had them on my 180sx and they were perfectly fine....I think it's just the way our front suspension is design McPherson struct

they are "fine" if all you are looking to do is lower your car. the spring rates are crap and they are not valved properly. Just my experiance witht hem

Tougeep3
06-19-2012, 05:10 PM
they are "fine" if all you are looking to do is lower your car. the spring rates are crap and they are not valved properly. Just my experiance witht hem

Yeah, but what do you know...:mangel:

rd02SiR
06-19-2012, 06:28 PM
anybody else have a problem with the bottom locking perch being loose...my front driver side height will increase in time while i drive..jack the car up and tighthen that shit..seems to be fine and 2 weeks goes by that shit is loose again..

Yup, I had the exact same problem with the same coilover. I just tightened the fuck out of it with a mallet haha.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

ilovejdmhoes
06-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Yup, I had the exact same problem with the same coilover. I just tightened the fuck out of it with a mallet haha.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit that what I did too hopefully that does the job

dkid15
06-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Bump for updates after a freaking year on these shits i had to reinstall the stock suspension in the front.

callmegnarly
07-16-2012, 05:15 PM
I have the same exact problem with mine as well. But I've also heard other people with the same problem with different coilovers not just Megans.