PDA

View Full Version : Shocks or Coilovers?

superhaku17
06-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Whats up EPHatch world!I am thinking of upgrading my suspension. I currently have oem shocks on skunk 2 springs. I think the passenger side shock might have gone out because that side of the car is sitting a lot closer to the ground than usual. I do have a baby on the way and the EP is my only ride so some comfort would also be nice. What you do guys suggest? Changing the oem shocks and working with skunk 2 springs or switching out to an adjustable coilover? Thanks for the help guys.

tinman5
06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Dont know what kind of budget you have to work with, but I love the ride of the Tein SS on my EP.

In general though, I will probably never buy a cup kit again for any car I own as long as a coilover suspension is available. With the exception of one set of Progress coilovers, all 3 of my rides roll on Tein.

MugenReplica
06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
What's your budget?

Daily driver?

Does handling actually matter, or do you just want it to look low?

Participate in AutoX (not if/when, do you)?

Are you going for the HerraFrushed look?

Do you ever want to have to touch your struts/suspension again?

superhaku17
06-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Im looking at spending about 800. Tein seems to be in my budget. My car is daily driven, handling is must. Maybe i will participate in a track run in a year or sooner, when the car is up to par of course. It would be nice to keep the same strut/suspension for a good while. Looking at thee Tein SS setup is both street and track adjustable, but way out of my budget.

mitchlikesbikes
06-21-2012, 11:23 PM
there's a set of used tein ss for sale right now in socal. the dude has taken forever and never got me a shipping quote so i went a different route but if you picked them up since you're in LA it might be easier to get ahold of them.

razr98 is the one selling them