PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard the bazooka nos-8 sub?

31102si
01-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Has anyone heard what this sounds like. I want one but don't know how it sounds. Any info would help.

31102si
01-08-2003, 11:31 AM
here is a pic of it.

JoshSI
01-08-2003, 11:38 AM
I am sorry but that is just plain retarded! It would be ok if it was just in a black tube or something but making it look like a NOS bottle is just plain retarded! I could just see someone saying that have nitros and there car is hella fast and all this then you go back and look and see a sub chillin in the guys nitros bottle! HAHAHAHA Its rice IMO

napapacoda
01-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by JoshSI
I am sorry but that is just plain retarded! It would be ok if it was just in a black tube or something but making it look like a NOS bottle is just plain retarded! I could just see someone saying that have nitros and there car is hella fast and all this then you go back and look and see a sub chillin in the guys nitros bottle! HAHAHAHA Its rice IMO

LOL Nicely put. Go for an infinity basslink if you want an easy upgrade and still have good "trunk" space, if you call it that. I think you can get em on ebay for like $200 or less.

31102si
01-08-2003, 12:37 PM
HA HA very funny JoshSI, I know it is a little ricy but I want something that will not take up a lot room, not too heavy, and has a little bass. I have a box with 2 10-inch kickers sitting in my garage, I just don't want that much bass and weigh in the back of my hatch. I think it looks unique. I would not put it in my car just to try and act like I have nos. :)

SiR Medic
01-08-2003, 01:03 PM
LOL!
That has got to be the most RE-GODDAM-DICULUS thing I have ever seen!

Imagine that... Two Ricer stereotypes for the price of one: Big-ass Sub + NOS = SuperRice!

ssvr6
01-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Agreed. Make your Nitrous bottle look like a bazooka tube, not the other way around.

Craptacular!

Steve

31102si
01-08-2003, 01:44 PM
I guess no one has heard it and it is too ricy. Thanks anyway. :confused:

jaydub
01-08-2003, 01:53 PM
I'd rather buy an Image Dynamics 10" sub in a small box than have that monstrosity.

Believe me, it looks even worse in person, I saw it last year at CES.

smokincivic
01-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

Big-ass Sub !

And would you mind clarifying what is rice about having a larger sized subwoofer, I was always unerderstood that you made a subwoofer size choice based on the music you listen to (ie if you listen to quick hitting bass or long drawn out bass lines) and what kind of car you have, hence making the size of your subwoofer functional (I do however agree that this particular product is pretty lame)

SiR Medic
01-08-2003, 05:59 PM
would you mind clarifying what is rice about having a larger sized subwoofer

Sure. We can all agree on the typical Rice-boy car... or at least people's perception of a Rice-Boy car.

These cars usually include, but are not limited to, big aluminum wings, altezzas, hood scoops, decals, neons, NOS systems, and Boomin' sound systems.

I am not saying that every car with a sub is a rice-mobile, what I am saying is that most Rice-mobiles have big subs. When you hear a bass line from 3-blocks away, does it surprise you when the actual car drives by with neons and decals as well?

Jpax
01-08-2003, 06:43 PM
To be honest i would buy it if i was on a budget..... and yea its ok to buy that dont let everyone decieve you buy what you want..... I mean crap I bought the Euro Yellow color because i like the color, not because of what my friends think....

I personaly have not heard the sub, but have heard similer designs and they sounded good, Its a 8" sub so its not going to hit That hard but it will fill in the music nicely. :cool:

smokincivic
01-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

Sure. We can all agree on the typical Rice-boy car... or at least people's perception of a Rice-Boy car.

These cars usually include, but are not limited to, big aluminum wings, altezzas, hood scoops, decals, neons, NOS systems, and Boomin' sound systems.

I am not saying that every car with a sub is a rice-mobile, what I am saying is that most Rice-mobiles have big subs. When you hear a bass line from 3-blocks away, does it surprise you when the actual car drives by with neons and decals as well?

Point taken and dualy noted ESPECIALLY the last part lol ...thanks:D

EDIT: your avatar rocks, ever notice that someone has a picture of a person or character in their sig and you just invision that picture talking, yours just always makes me laugh:D

Tekdemon
01-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Actually the last time I heard a bassline that insane was when 2 black guys in a new Caddilac Escalade drove into the gas station we were filling up at...

Suk02Si
01-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Agreed. Make your Nitrous bottle look like a bazooka tube, not the other way around.

Craptacular!

Steve
craptacular... hahaha

But that gave me an idea, maybe I can get a Bazooka sub , get rid of the gunk(sub, wires, etc) and shove a nitrous bottle in there. That way, if people ask if I'm squeezing and they look around, they wount be able to find it:D I can also hide the lines with that wire wrap stuff from Radio shack, hide the solenoids the best I can, and voila "no, I'm not squeezing":D

william
01-09-2003, 10:51 PM
The dumb emissions police would probably ticket you up for that.

"no really, its just a subwoofer"

:D

Suk02Si
01-09-2003, 11:02 PM
it would be disconnected for daily driving, but connected for race day:)

I wanted to get a sub box, crappy sub, and hide the bottle in the box, but that would add too much weight

My98nsx
01-15-2003, 02:39 PM
If it's not real....why bother.

It's like the old Cadillac DeVilles and what-not with fake convertible tops..........AND A FREAKIN SUNROOF!!!

daniel

Will2K2
01-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Bazookas generally sound pretty decent, and are ideal for someone who wants lightweight, doesn't want the expense or pain in the ass of piecing together a box.

I give them the thumbs up

W

ChapSchtick
01-23-2003, 11:56 PM
OK, since the question was, how does it sound and not how does it look, i will offer my opinion on sound. I dig the Bazooka concept, small enclosures, big sounds. I have a 10" Bazooka tube in my hatch that I have had for approx. 5 years+. Only problem is that the driver is no longer SAS it is a Kicker 10". I recommend the Bazooka because I am sure that in the past 5 years they have improved the quality of their drivers. As for the NOS Bazooka I would skip it and move up to the 10", very little increase in weight and space restriction. I have pics if you are ultimatley curious about space sacrifice.

p.s. My Bazooka tube with Kicker 10" sub is powered by an Alpine V12 357 amp rated at a clean 100 watts into the sub channel and it is just about perfect for the size of the cabin we have.

chet
01-26-2003, 09:28 PM
www.crutchfield.com

look up bazookas

They sound great They need to come up with a bracket for the speaker so we can unplug and slide it out when we want. I had an amped 6 1/2" bazooka in my 82 Supra. I loved it.

Jpax
01-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by chet
www.crutchfield.com

look up bazookas

They sound great They need to come up with a bracket for the speaker so we can unplug and slide it out when we want. I had an amped 6 1/2" bazooka in my 82 Supra. I loved it.

All ready out my friend

http://pix.crutchfield.com/products/2001/204/h204ELFA-o_dmt.jpeg

chet
01-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Whoa?! Way cool. Is that at crutchfield. I didn't see that shit.

I'm gonna race this spring And I want to be able to remove anything that isn't needed (minus a stage I reduction). Always liked the bazookas. Have you ever owned SAS subs Paxie?

Jpax
01-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Me personaly no, but my friends do. they sound good, for how small they are.

chet
01-26-2003, 11:45 PM
I have two Tsunami 10" subs and a Tsunami amp that I pulled from the car I traded in on my EP. But I want something relatively small with amp mounted on box. And removable. ANy ideas. I've been thinking about getting a fbr glass enclosure made but I'd rather spend the $$ on the engine.

cazzy
01-27-2003, 12:21 AM
ha! that's so corny... check out Circuit City... all of them around here have them. I don't think it sounds very good at all imo, but uh... w/e.......

Jpax
01-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by chet
I have two Tsunami 10" subs and a Tsunami amp that I pulled from the car I traded in on my EP. But I want something relatively small with amp mounted on box. And removable. ANy ideas. I've been thinking about getting a fbr glass enclosure made but I'd rather spend the $$ on the engine.

Well if you want small get a Nice 10" woofer and put it in a sealded box about .50 cubic foot. with a small amp. or you can get the powered version of the Bazooka EL10A-HP

http://pix.crutchfield.com/products/2000/204/H204EL6AHPWMT.JPEG