PDA

View Full Version : Perrin shift knob anyone? BC Knob? Suggestions on new knob!

Jacksond
06-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Ever since I swapped in my new a2 tranny, I've been wanting to get a new shift knob (all my old ones have the 5 diagram engraved)... I know its a minute thing but it does kinda get to me, and I'm getting sick of my skunk2 type-r like knob. I have been very drawn to this Perrin shift knob. I know that it has a differing thread pitch, but I have had a machine shop in the past make a "pitch adjuster" insert to allow me to use different knobs in the past. What I ask, is if anyone has used a perrin knob on an ep/rsx before and if they have any comments or pictures especially. Or if anyone has any experience with the buddy club type b shift knob on their ep and liked it or not? I've also been leaning towards the S2K titanium knob but I need input. I apologize for the rambling

Cliff notes:
Any pics/experience with Perrin shift knob
Any reviews of Buddy Club Shift knob
Any suggestions for shift knob upgrade?

303EP
06-22-2012, 11:23 AM
I have the BC Type-A shift knob and I love it. It fits perfect and it doesn't get hot it the summer like my BLOX one did

mitchlikesbikes
06-22-2012, 11:23 AM
i've driven some fa5 si civics at work and their small, partial leather oem knob felt great in my hand. i currently have a blox weighted knob but may make the switch soon.

i believe the fa5 si, tsx, and s2000 all have very similar knobs, something like this:

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/attachments/interior-electrical-car-stereo-74/100026d1286224564-oem-tsx-6-speed-shift-knob-aftermarket-5-speed-markingless-knob-tsx-shift-knob-jpg

Jacksond
06-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks Mike, I found a site that sells the s2k titanium knob which is like that one, minus the leather wrap for the low but was looking on recommendations. 303ep, thanks for the input as well, I'm just wondering if there is any truth to buddy club's claim of "Knob" design, that their type b was designed for a console mounted shifter like the ep. I really want to get a ball shaped shifter though....

303EP
06-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks Mike, I found a site that sells the s2k titanium knob which is like that one, minus the leather wrap for the low but was looking on recommendations. 303ep, thanks for the input as well, I'm just wondering if there is any truth to buddy club's claim of "Knob" design, that their type b was designed for a console mounted shifter like the ep. I really want to get a ball shaped shifter though....

Get the ball one...My blox one was shaped like the type-b and i didn't like it

whatsvtec
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
I have the BC Type-A shift knob and I love it. It fits perfect and it doesn't get hot it the summer like my BLOX one did

Seconded! I love my BC type-a
Thinking about trying the BC type-B on my track car.

rd02SiR
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
I've tried the type b knob on the ep. To me, it seemed too small. Very skinny, not very wide like my blox spherical countersunk knob.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

Jukka
06-22-2012, 08:43 PM
my friend has run a buddy club type-B in her civic for like...8 years or so. She really likes it, but shes also tiny, so her hands fit on it. Personally, I love my Spoon Duracon knob, minus the fact that I had to replace the shift pattern sticker once and re-glue the original one twice. Its a good size, never gets hot or too cold, nice and light.
If I would switch up to something different, I personally like the Carbing one alot...
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/drivelinesales/Okuyama%20Carbing/carbing_shiftknob_321.jpg

Jacksond
06-23-2012, 09:38 AM
What's the name of that carbing knob? I'm all but decided on going something ball shape, preferably delrin because it gets too hot/cold here for metal. What's the difference in ball vs countersunk? Does the countersunk just sit lower?

rd02SiR
06-25-2012, 08:08 PM
What's the name of that carbing knob? I'm all but decided on going something ball shape, preferably delrin because it gets too hot/cold here for metal. What's the difference in ball vs countersunk? Does the countersunk just sit lower?

Countersunk will sit a bit lower than normal.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacksond
06-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Anyone kno where I can get a good countersunk delrin knob? I'll pry end up with blox cuz I lost one lug but and they're the only one I kno that sells singles.

b_ron
06-27-2012, 12:56 PM
im using the pw:jdm delrin knob. its a bit light. but definitely keeps me from burning my hand in the summer.

Jacksond
06-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I know this Is sort of off topic but where can I buy a buddy club short shifter for a 6 speed ep? I know they make them, or are they all made with the ability to be used for 6 speeds? I'd almost rather that route cuz they include a knob and I'm eventually planning on getting one so is rather save the cash .

Jacksond
06-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Called corsport they said most likely all will work with 6

rufiogeezee
06-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Anyone have that really heavy, brass 20ouncer? Curious as to what it feels like. If it felt right, i'd get that one. Love the way the brass looks. Or a woodgrained one. I'm old school now though.