PDA

View Full Version : Re-assembling struts

mRX925
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Just wondering if anyone got an ideas or suggestions. I'm bolting in my rear struts after installing my eibach springs and I can't seem to line up the hole for the lower control arm and rear shock. I've got the top hats loosely bolted already to keep the strut from falling but the end of the strut sticks past the lower control arm and therefore the holes don't line up.

I've tried using my stock jack to jack my strut up so its closer to the lca hole but it doesn't line up close enough to put the bolt in.

Suggestions?

AKAahlecks
06-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Try using a screw driver to guide/line up the holes. Are you using the jack to jack up the strut or the LCA? Try using the jack to jack up the LCA and then you're gonna have to push the strut down and then use the screw driver to line up the holes. Then take the bolt and push the screw driver out as you're screwing it back in.

I hope this is what you're talking about and I hope this helps. Good luck!

mRX925
06-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the help! I was actually able to bolt in the rear strut by jacking it up. I put a deep well socket on the jack and raised that to compress the strut in until it was lined up with the lca.