PDA

View Full Version : Which oil filter after swap?

infanterene
06-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Hi,

This is not my first post but for some reason all my post get deleted or disappear.

My 02 Ep3 was swapped by the previous owner to either a K20a1 or a2, I am not sure which. What oil filter should I use? Do all the K series share the same filter? What year and model should I ask for at the parts counter?

Thanks

whatsvtec
06-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Same filter as EP3 oem filter. But...don't buy cheap.

You can go with an s2k filter that has a larger capacity as well.

infanterene
06-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks. I guess I'll try a stock s2k filter.

whatsvtec
06-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Make sure to use a little bit more oil when you fill. 5qts or so, instead of 4.7, Always check your dipstick once you're done, on level ground. :msmile: Though I'm sure you knew that.

tinman5
06-23-2012, 10:09 AM
WTH?!? Did you ask this on another thread perhaps or is my mind playing tricks on me?

To find out what you gots, just check the block casting below the intake manifold. There will be a flat spot where the tranny mates to the engine. If that is unclear, the vin tag is, where is it?, behind the oil pan about where the intermediate shaft runs? I could be getting my engines mixed up. I went to pick up some filters for a Peterbilt earlier this week and came back with some parts for a Cummins Dodge as opposed to the Cat engine. The messed up thing is the guy at the counter knew why I was there, but I had a brain fart of Herculean proportions once I got to the shop.

Now if there us no VIN tag I might be a bit concerned.

infanterene
06-23-2012, 11:54 AM
WTH?!? Did you ask this on another thread perhaps or is my mind playing tricks on me?

To find out what you gots, just check the block casting below the intake manifold. There will be a flat spot where the tranny mates to the engine. If that is unclear, the vin tag is, where is it?, behind the oil pan about where the intermediate shaft runs? I could be getting my engines mixed up. I went to pick up some filters for a Peterbilt earlier this week and came back with some parts for a Cummins Dodge as opposed to the Cat engine. The messed up thing is the guy at the counter knew why I was there, but I had a brain fart of Herculean proportions once I got to the shop.

Now if there us no VIN tag I might be a bit concerned.

I did post it on another thread but for some reason it doesnt show on my screen. I did a search for posts by me and it didnt show. I am having some issues with this site, logging on and such. Sorry for multiple post about the same thing.

tinman5
06-23-2012, 12:33 PM
No worries. As long as you get the information you seek, its all good.

Hasbro
06-23-2012, 06:09 PM
What's the best reasonably priced filter?

Blah1219
06-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Use a Ford f350 oil filter. They can hold more.

tinman5
06-24-2012, 08:55 AM
I thought the domestics used a standard thread pitch as opposed to the metric fine pitch used on most imports...

RHCP0801
06-24-2012, 06:40 PM
every Honda uses the same Honda oil filter, from a pilot, odyssey, insight and civic. The only one that uses a larger one is an s2000

bchaney
06-25-2012, 06:15 AM
The filter you want is Honda 15400-PLM-A01. High quality filter for a good price. Check handa-accessories.com and make sure you get the A01 version, not A02.

Use a Ford f350 oil filter. They can hold more.

Haha I just did oil changes on my truck and my girls car this wkend... the trucks filter is silly big. Manual says 5qt w/o filter and 6qt w/new filter so the filter itself must hold a full quart of oil. Wow.

f150 vs corolla (slightly smaller than ep)

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/8818/img00252201206171508.jpg