PDA

View Full Version : strut bushing ?

los
06-25-2012, 06:08 AM
i got a noob :tehe: question whats the name for the bushing thats ties to the top part of the strut and is also ties to the rack and pinion rod i got a bad one on my driverside and i get crazy vibration on that side i can literlly grab the strut and turn it left and right about a half inch and everytime i hit a dip or something i get a loud clunk sound i wanna replace it but i think its tied to the steering so idk if i should or have it done but i still would like to know the proper name for it my guess is " upper ball joint " ??????? correct me !!

los
06-25-2012, 06:17 AM
or tie rod ends ?

jwdep3
06-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah, "outer tie rod ends". Wow, half an inch is pretty bad. Might as well replace both sides since you'll need to do an alignment. Also check if anything else seems loose or worn out and replace it so you wont have to pay for multiple alignments

los
06-25-2012, 07:23 AM
yea man i get a nasty clunk and as far on dips as the steering it seems ok except for from time to time i get a lil sway to the right ride which is probbly coming from that play on that tie rod end imma do that today imma try to put it back to where its at and ill get it alinged next paycheck but yea i need bushings in the front im looking at a whole kit to just get that done they are needed already but i been laggin but i just neede to make sure of the what was the propper name for it and yea dude i get a lot i mean A LOT!!! of vibration from that side thanks for the help