PDA

View Full Version : Type R rims for Si? conversion kit?..

BlairSpeed
01-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Anyone know where to find the Type R rims in 4 lug or with the lug conversion kit?:'(

ssvr6
01-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Get the RSX parts to convert to a 5 lug or get older CTR wheels or get 4 lug 16" FP wheels.

Steve

BlairSpeed
01-08-2003, 01:40 PM
I guess the 5 lug conversion kit is pretty expensive, so now my mission is to find a replica of the 2002 Civic Type R 17" rims. Anyone know where to find those?:*

jaydub
01-08-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm on the phone w/ Pitcrew Motorsports right now, finding out what the whole conversion costs. :o

jaydub
01-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Ok, they said you'd need the front knuckles and rear hub assemblies, from a CTR. The RSX pieces won't fit. They just did a conversion on an EP (which is why I called Pitcrew) and they told me the guy wanted to go the RSX route, but obviously there were problems because these are CTR pieces on his car.

IceD out N CALI
01-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
I guess the 5 lug conversion kit is pretty expensive, so now my mission is to find a replica of the 2002 Civic Type R 17" rims. Anyone know where to find those?:*

the Ace Spade wheel looks very similar to the CTR wheels except it has 6 spokes instead of 7 like the CTR. :)

Mr.02BlackSIguY
01-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
Ok, they said you'd need the front knuckles and rear hub assemblies, from a CTR. The RSX pieces won't fit. They just did a conversion on an EP (which is why I called Pitcrew) and they told me the guy wanted to go the RSX route, but obviously there were problems because these are CTR pieces on his car.

what? the rsx 5 lug wont fit the JDM rims? that sucks big nutts. i heard the rsx 5 lug bolts right on with no modifications. is it just the CTR rims that wont fit or what? i wanted those rims too.

Type X
01-08-2003, 09:16 PM
i found the JDM CTR rims for 1400 shipped
and the 5 lug was way to much

honestly for that much $ u can buy a big brake kit AND
17" volks with tires. . .

jaydub
01-08-2003, 10:51 PM
No no no, what I said was that the RSX spindles and hardware (which is 5 lug) will not fit on our cars. Of course the 5 lug wheels are a direct bolt-on.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
01-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
No no no, what I said was that the RSX spindles and hardware (which is 5 lug) will not fit on our cars. Of course the 5 lug wheels are a direct bolt-on.

rsx spindle and hardware? you have picture? im little confused

2K2SilverSi
01-09-2003, 11:23 PM
he is saying the suspension peices that you would need to bolt the brake pieces on to our car to make it a 5 lug instead of a 4 lug wont work off the RSX they use different assemblies. We need the peices off another ep3 which means we must use the Civic Type R assemblies

o2seriouSi
01-10-2003, 12:29 AM
ok check it if u want the type-R wheels in 4 lug just go to yyur local honda dealer and ask them to show u the plus sized wheel that Honda has to offer and u will see the type-R wheels in 4 lug i was goin to get them but i ran out of money:(

Mr.02BlackSIguY
01-10-2003, 01:27 AM
cant you then just buy the entire rsx suspension and the CTR 5 lug will bolt right in? i know the spindle just wont fit, how bout if you buy the entire suspension front from left to right and back from left to right off an rsx?

SIborland
01-10-2003, 09:00 AM
The brake pieces wont fit if you go Type-S, but the base has the same size brakes as us. I'm still trying to figure out the specific differences between the base and our suspension. After all I have a camber kit made for the base RSX and it fits just fine....

jaydub
01-10-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY

rsx spindle and hardware? you have picture? im little confused

I have no pics, or even a point of reference. That is exactly what PitCrew told me you'd need to complete the conversion. I think they're dead-on, since they just did one.

BlairSpeed
01-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by o2seriouSi
ok check it if u want the type-R wheels in 4 lug just go to yyur local honda dealer and ask them to show u the plus sized wheel that Honda has to offer and u will see the type-R wheels in 4 lug i was goin to get them but i ran out of money:(

do you remember what honda wants for the 4 lug Type R rims? I was just at the dealership yesterday...should of asked!!:*

jaydub
01-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Well keep in mind that the 4 lug are 16", and the 5 lug CTR's are 17".