PDA

View Full Version : whats a good TB for a JRSC street?

gtecd20
06-26-2012, 11:26 AM
ok so im looking at what else can allow better flow for my JRSC and thought i should swap out my TB for a bigger one
i have seen a Skunk2 70mm TB but idk how good they are for a street kit. I do plan on going Race upgrade soon but not yet.
Can i get some inputs on whats a good size and brand to go with? which one will give me the best gains?

thanks for your info

Kerby
07-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Maxbore TB or Hybrid Racing TB

Maxbore bores out your TB - you ship it, he puts a taper, and new butterfly, he ships it back to you. The plus is you get to keep your CC. A minus is turn around time.
Hybrid Racing is a complete new unit. The plus is is has HUGE diameters, and still have CC which is awesome. A minus is the price.

sleepy ep3
07-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Hybrid, just call first to make sure they have it in stock because the website LIES. If you pay first and then wait, they will not call or email you to let you know its not in stock....until weeks later. I like Hybrid, but sometimes they screw up too.

sir_2002
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I would go with hydrid 70mm since boring the JRSC inlet to 74mm won't work lol

Or order the 74mm and buy the modular high flow inlet from MercRacing but i'm not sure they make an inlet for ep3 specific inlet ?

differentK
07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
i think maxbore is probably your best bang for the buck- not only does he bore your throttle body but he cleans/ rebuilds it. the bored throttle body and port matched inlet/ adapter is half the cost of an aftermarket TB- and thats before you tack on the price of port matching your inlet as well as a new TPS sensor since the aftermarket TBs dont come with one.

sir_2002
07-12-2012, 08:36 AM
there's no need to buy a new tps sensor...

i reused my old one from my stock tb

Kerby
07-12-2012, 08:40 AM
i think maxbore is probably your best bang for the buck- not only does he bore your throttle body but he cleans/ rebuilds it. the bored throttle body and port matched inlet/ adapter is half the cost of an aftermarket TB- and thats before you tack on the price of port matching your inlet as well as a new TPS sensor since the aftermarket TBs dont come with one.

It is my understanding that the MercRacing inlet only applies to the RSX-specific manifold. I would recommend trying to compare the by-pass inlets as far as their length. They might be the same.
However, I happen to agree with differentK; send both your TB and JRSC inlet to Maxbore. portmatch them. Pricing is more competitive too because you have more parts.