PDA

View Full Version : ac mechanic refill didnt work...then started working

NEO_FOLLOWER2
06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
so I went in for a ac recharge because its freaking hot in texas and my ac wasnt working quite like it should.

I never had a recharge since i bought the car 1.5-ish years ago.

So the mechanic plugged it up...it did the leak check and vacuum and all that.

He turned on the car it wasn't cold. So he said it's cool he'd only charge me 20 bucks and I could find a new compressor and he'd put it in.

As I'm pulling away not even 30 seconds later it got colder...and colder and colder

So i pulled into autozone and bought new cabin filters so i could increase airflow maybe and...it works perfectly fine now...

should i even bother with the compressor anymore?

lol did i just luck out and get a cheap ass recharge

Jukka
06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
its probably not your compressor, it was probably just low on charge. When you do an A/C recharge he should have had the A/C running during it because it circulates it through the system. So if the guy was a big enough moron not to do that and only charge you $20 for something that theres really nothing wrong with, then go with it.

whatsvtec
06-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Take your money and run! You made out like a bandit.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
06-26-2012, 07:53 PM
The faster u drive the colder the air is, this is because more air moves threw the condenser.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
06-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Now its just blowing cold air all the time. So I guess I got a cheap recharge because the mechanic was a moron. Lol. I think when I turned on the car it took a second to circulate and get cold. He's suppose to have it on all the way during the recharge. Its a lot colder than before. Still not quite as cold as I'd like but that could be because its 100+ outside.
Does radiator coolant affect AC? I may change that fluid too