PDA

View Full Version : vtec help

asylumtattoos
07-03-2012, 12:37 PM
hello everyone, im having a problem that i cannot figure out...ill try and make this short. a few weeks ago i heard rattling coming from the right side of the engine at start up but the car ran fine. well, on the way to pick up my sons quadzilla frame, the car ran fine. well, when i started it back up, it ran horrible...come to find out the timing jumped a few teeth. put a new chain and tensioner on it and it would run fine for a few minutes and then go into limp mode. if you turn the key off and then back on, it will run for a few more minutes before going into limp mode but the vtec doesnt seem to be working...checked codes and got o2 sensor and vtec solenoid are bad...replaced that and still ran the same. now i get a code for vtec oil pressure switch...replaced that and reset everything and still does it. oil level is good and all connections are good. i went through everything like jukka posted and still the same thing. any help would be greatly appreciated

asylumtattoos
07-04-2012, 03:24 PM
looks like i might have it figured out...it may have been one of 3 things...1..i checked the oil again but this time i checked real close...it was way over full...2..the oil may have been bad. it looked nasty and the mechanic was supposed to change it. i have a feeling he just added too it. 3...the clamp that holds the big boot to the air box was super loose. it would spin around the boot without any pressure. I changed the oil and filter today and used royal purple. everything is running how its supposed too now. i just wish i knew which one of those issues was the actual problem.

ep3k20
07-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Limp mode normally occurs when the engine has too little of oil so it will not activate the vtak and render you to 4000 Roma. Too much oil is really bad tho, it will actually cause stress on a lot of shit