PDA

View Full Version : What settings do you use on your stock stereo?

snubnose
07-21-2002, 05:05 PM
I keep everything at center, except the treble, which I maintain at +3.

Bass-C

Treble-+3

Fader-C

Balance-C

SBC31
07-21-2002, 05:21 PM
I make my own mix CD's and usually set the songs on the CD to have the same loudness and so on. Here's the most common setting when playing the CD's:

Bass: +1
Treble: +6
Fader: C
Balance: C

DrPimpSiR
07-21-2002, 05:43 PM
Bass +2
Treble +4
Fade R1
Balance C

This is my most common setting. But I do vary with diff types of music (hip-hop, electronica, etc.)

CleanBlackSi02
07-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Bass: +5
Treble: +4
Fader: Rear+2
Balance: L+1

It's hardly on, but when it is it's at a low level. Having the bass up that high wouldnt work too well with higher volumes...

SLOlife
07-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Bass: +2
Fader: Front +3
Balance: C

The stock speakers sound muddy with any amount of bass. I like having a strong front soundstage, it yields better stereo imaging. I dont care if the rear passengers dont hear anything!:D

1fastminivan
07-21-2002, 07:44 PM
Treble= +6
Bass= -6
Fader= C
Balance= C

Why?
Because these stock speakers suck and Im afraid of blowing them. I went from an astrovan believe it or not that had 12 12"
subs, all rockford and five rockford amps. Then I went to my old 00' hatch with two 10's alpine Type Rs, with Focal in the front and alpine 6x9s in the rear, and now I have stock. I love techno, jungle, hard house, alt., etc.. I love to jam at a high high volume but with these speakers its kind of hard to. Also question, Is it just me or does the passenger side speaker sound louder then the driver side? And Ive also experienced once when I had the volume up really high on a radio station and the sound started to distort and started to shift to the passenger side. Also my number 1 preset button sometimes wont work, I dont know why. wheew sorry for all of that. hehe:cool:

02TafWhtSi
07-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Regardless of the CD which is usually some form of rock I keep mine at:

Balance: R+2
Fader: Rear +2
Bass: +6

For some reason this setting sounds the fullest to me and the closest thing to an aftermarket head unit. I am impatiently waiting for an install kit to be made so I can put in my new Pioneer DEH 3400.