PDA

View Full Version : Moog end link zerk fitting problem

Jacksond
07-05-2012, 12:27 PM
So I just got moog links for my front sway bar. I went to thread the grease fittings in and they only turned about quarter to half turn before getting resistance. I wasn't planning on keeping them in while driving I was gonna replace the fittings with set screws etc. anyone that has these is this normal? I didn't want to force them and cross thread them or something then no be able to return them. I know in some settings the fire full turn can be rough from the tapping process but I don't want to risk anything yet. Pleas input would be great do people with these moog links only thread their fittings in half turn or so to grease them the. Remove them or are they meant to thread all the way in? I'd like to install these tonight after work.

mage182
07-05-2012, 12:52 PM
They're meant to be threaded in and left. Then greased as needed to flush the old grease out. My problem was one broke on the front sway bar endlink. I've ordered a few diff size replacements from RockAuto when I've needed other items but I'm yet to find a suitable replacement thread size.

Jacksond
07-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks I've thought about buying good quality ones from a hardware store or something so this is a common problem?