PDA

View Full Version : help me decide.

02_epdriver
07-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Well guys I'm looking for pros, cons, or suggestions on 2 brands of connecting rods.

I'm looking at either the Brian Crower or the Manly turbo tuffs.

Ive noticed most places the manlys are priced higher, reasons?

Can anyone help me decide on which set to pick up. Most of the valve train in the head is BC by the way.

Thanks.

tinman5
07-07-2012, 06:41 AM
You can Googler the manufacturing proccess employed by both and ultimately decide on which based on your plans/budget/and realistic goals. For a good quality engine build, turbo or atmo, I would not hesitate to go Brian Crower.

If it is a specialized build, crazy power levels or revs, then I would be more inclined to cast a wider net. However there would be phone calls or emails to a company like BC. I have a good deal of respect for what Brian Crower has done, for what he has built not just for himself but for the import aftermarket.

Now if you really want to spend some money on premium shit, get a hold of Cosworth.

02_epdriver
07-07-2012, 11:28 PM
You can Googler the manufacturing proccess employed by both and ultimately decide on which based on your plans/budget/and realistic goals. For a good quality engine build, turbo or atmo, I would not hesitate to go Brian Crower.

If it is a specialized build, crazy power levels or revs, then I would be more inclined to cast a wider net. However there would be phone calls or emails to a company like BC. I have a good deal of respect for what Brian Crower has done, for what he has built not just for himself but for the import aftermarket.

Now if you really want to spend some money on premium shit, get a hold of Cosworth.

I figured I would go with the Brian Crower rods but I know a lot of the boosted guys on here use the Manley's. So I assume the BC's are good boost rods but I know the most of guys with top end builds on here use the Manleys

ep3k20
07-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Brian Crower all the way. Just awesome products all around, i myself run the set of stage 2 FI cams among other products. I am extremely impressed with the level of craftsmanship, and intuitive design and structure process involved.

USAF EP3
07-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I figured I would go with the Brian Crower rods but I know a lot of the boosted guys on here use the Manley's. So I assume the BC's are good boost rods but I know the most of guys with top end builds on here use the Manleys

You shooting for over 500+WHP? If not, stock rods bro! :shady:

02_epdriver
07-08-2012, 09:36 PM
You shooting for over 500+WHP? If not, stock rods bro! :shady:

350 to 400. What, use stock TSX bottom end parts and use my BC top end parts? I have the top end parts the only thing left to pick up is the rods before I send the engine in for machining and balancing. Oh I still need a new flywheel and clutch as well. I've been really thinking about the BC rods though.

USAF EP3
07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
This past Friday my friend was over at a local Honda performance shop taping the tuning of this guy's K24 turbo. They had a RSX with a Stock longblock K24A2 Full-Race kit. It threw a rod and blew at 576WHP around 25 psi. I'm pretty sure stock rods will be just fine for 350-400WHP lol.

02_epdriver
07-08-2012, 09:52 PM
It is like a 200 dollar difference between the stock TSX rods and BC rods. Use that for fuel stuff lol.