PDA

View Full Version : EP3 on the courses....

nl22
07-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Been debating a lot lately about tracking my Ep3 currently running with a full k20a-R swap. Before I go balls out on suspension, brakes and what not, thought I ask the experts in here LOL. Been doing tons of research on my car and it seems like no one gives a lot of love to these civics. People say that this chassis compare to the older eg6 & ek9 is horrible due to the elimination of the double wishbone suspension, its heavy as heck, and it under steers like crazy. I'm not going all out race car but just to the point where it can still be competitive on the weekends and be daily fun usage sometime. So just wondering if I can get some feed backs from you guys that actually track your Ep3s. If I get more cons then pros, I'm just going to leave it as a dd and go back to my crx LOL. Thanks.

KaeDu
07-12-2012, 06:13 PM
I am still awaiting some real track time...(fucking registration times always too early n shit) but here are some key things to think about:

1. Check out the BTCC and the EP3's over there, they get the the double-wishbone thing with custom new suspension geometry.
2. Top-Gear did a test v.s. the FN2 and the EP3 was leaps and bounds better in both in stock form. The FN2 races in many circuits in the UK.
3. Buddy Club has some very fast EP3's but data and footage is sometimes hard to find.
4. I think it comes down to the driver in many ways. YouTube videos report several successful road racing track times as well as chasing higher powered cars (EVO, WRX, RSX-S, 350Z). I think it's all about you making it work.

EG and EKs are more common not only because of suspension and weight but also because of the cost. I don't many people who have found EP3 shells somewhere waiting to be bought and turned into a track car.

Although if you have a CRX I would rather drive the newer car and more reliable car and get your money out of it before you dump more money into it when it still has a lot of DD value. Just my .02