PDA

View Full Version : Help. Is there something wrong with my current Teins?

ttttrigg3r
07-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Today I rotated my tires and found this out. Looks like part of my Tein Basic coilovers is breaking. This is only for the back coilovers. Can anyone tell me what's going on with my rear coilovers?
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/ttttrigg3r/IMAG0268.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/ttttrigg3r/IMAG0267.jpg

Also two more questions. I set up my suspension all even and now I find that my front passenger is slightly lower than the other 3. (about 3/4" to 1") Is that normal?

When I rotated my tires, my front ones seem wearing extremely faster than rear tires. Maybe about 3x faster wear. Is that normal? I only have camber kit in the rear with Teins Basic Coilovers.

PatrickJamesYu
07-13-2012, 12:03 AM
The cracking just seems to be weathered plastic that has become brittle.
Does not seem to be something to be worried about.
I would remove them.

It's possible that the spring perches have slipped.

Tires wearing faster in one corner?
Sounds like you need an alignment.
Your toe alignment specs are probably off.
And since it's in one corner, does it happen to be the one end that is lower than the other 3?
Could be the reason for the off alignment.

Goodluck.

tinman5
07-13-2012, 11:13 AM
The plastic thing is a dust boot. If youre feeling squirrely you can remove the rears abd replace that boot with a universal accordian style boot from a parts store. I had to do that on one set, so dar the other two still look great. The two newer sets look to be a different type of plastic though.

As for tire wear, by and large the fronts will wear faster due to supporting the heavy half of the car as well as doing most of the braking and tire scrub from turning. That said, they should still wear evenly. I agree on getting the alignment checked out.

Lastly, setting the coilovers even across the board will result in some lopsidedness. Each corner supports a slightly different weigh. I have found the side with the exhaust will be sagging a bit lower, adding fuel changes the stance and then theres extra ballast known as my squishy ass effecting things.

1st
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I only have camber kit in the rear with Teins Basic Coilovers.

My 2 cents if your car is lowered period camber kit in front and rear.