PDA

View Full Version : tps problem after coolant line broke

The new Paul03
07-14-2012, 05:54 PM
The other day my car started to run hot and started steaming from under the hood. I parked at a gas station let it cool, came back an hour later and poured water in the radiator. I could see coolant coming from the line under the throttle body so I replaced it and it ran fine. the next day my check engine light came on and the code tells me its the tps. I reset the ecu it went out and came on the next day. Is there any way to fix, clean or adjust the sensor? Is there anything else I need to look for? any help would be grateful thanks.

sistealth02
07-14-2012, 10:26 PM
The other day my car started to run hot and started steaming from under the hood. I parked at a gas station let it cool, came back an hour later and poured water in the radiator. I could see coolant coming from the line under the throttle body so I replaced it and it ran fine. the next day my check engine light came on and the code tells me its the tps. I reset the ecu it went out and came on the next day. Is there any way to fix, clean or adjust the sensor? Is there anything else I need to look for? any help would be grateful thanks.

When you checked the line that busted, did you check any of the sensors around the throttle body? The sensor may have gotten wet/damaged when that happened. Are you having any idle issues (eg: high idle, car keeps revving up and down by itself, etc)?

The new Paul03
07-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I have had idle problems before but i cleaned the iac valve and that has been fine for a while. The sensors look ok so do the wires. It seems like it is running bad loss of horse power and mabey a misfire when i am on the freeway it seems to pull forward and back occasionaly