PDA

View Full Version : click sound and loud clunk at front

fdnyjon
07-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I just had my transmission dropped to get a clutch installed. After everything was done my driver side axle went so i had it replaced with a rebuilt Honda axle. But i noticed today that when i turned my wheel it made a loud clunk sound.. it sounded like the wheel was bending against the quarter panel kind of. I turned the wheel two more times and the sound went away. But it always makes one click when i turn my steering wheel all the way to the left. Does anybody know what could be wrong? Is it coming from my other axle which is still the original stock one the car came with? Maybe my coilovers? idk Thanks!

sistealth02
07-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi,

I just had my transmission dropped to get a clutch installed. After everything was done my driver side axle went so i had it replaced with a rebuilt Honda axle. But i noticed today that when i turned my wheel it made a loud clunk sound.. it sounded like the wheel was bending against the quarter panel kind of. I turned the wheel two more times and the sound went away. But it always makes one click when i turn my steering wheel all the way to the left. Does anybody know what could be wrong? Is it coming from my other axle which is still the original stock one the car came with? Maybe my coilovers? idk Thanks!

I used to have a "clunk" issue on my driver's side front wheel area. It turned out to be the spring on my coilover that was just re-seating itself cuz it sat for quite a while. It was really nothing to worry about. You may want to see if you can have somebody watch your wheel/axle/coilover area while you turn the wheel, that way they might be able to see what is happening. Try raising the front of the car up too and turn the wheels while its up in the air, and see if it still does the sound.

fdnyjon
07-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I used to have a "clunk" issue on my driver's side front wheel area. It turned out to be the spring on my coilover that was just re-seating itself cuz it sat for quite a while. It was really nothing to worry about. You may want to see if you can have somebody watch your wheel/axle/coilover area while you turn the wheel, that way they might be able to see what is happening. Try raising the front of the car up too and turn the wheels while its up in the air, and see if it still does the sound.

Yeah my car was sitting for over a month.. i also was thinking it was just my coilovers since it did start the clunking sound when i decided to take the car out again.. Thanks! But i do have a click when i turn my wheel all the way to the left. I hope i dont have to change out the other axle now because money is a little tight since i just spent over 1,000 on the clutch,fw, axle change :(